Onufry Harmatiuk - Marriage Discrepency

Started by Richard Sayre on Thursday, April 21, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 2 posts
4/21/2016 at 4:05 AM

4/20/2016 Marriage discrepency: My grandmother, Antoinette, always told the story that her mother had died, her father( Onufry) remarried, and when he died the stepmother remarried and wanted Anna, Antoinette, and William gone. Anna and Antoinette immigrated to the US, William was not allowed to due to a limp. So, Jadwiga Stokalo may actually have been my grandmother's step-mother. Onufry died in 1901 when Nani was 6 years old, and Anna was 11. I'll check for Anna's marriage and possible birth records to see if a different motheris listed.

4/24/2016 at 5:40 AM

Update 4/2016 ( I mis-typed the above)

My grandmother, Antoinette Harmatiuk, always told the story that her mother died, her father remarried, and the stepmother wanted his 3 kids out of the house as soon as possible. Antoinette and her sister, Anna, list Jadwiga Sztokajlo as their mother in immigration documents. Assuming this is their birth mother she would have died 1898-1900, as Onufry died in 1901. Currently it appears Onfry married another Jadwiga who then remarried a Skiba, and I believe the information on the 2 were construed as the same person.

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion