Peter Ware, Sr. - Wares of Kent

Started by James E. Nicholls on Thursday, June 30, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 6 posts
6/30/2016 at 4:16 PM

Several generations here seem to conflict with Wanda Ware DeGidio's work [http://www.warefamilyhistory.com/index.html]

Private User
6/30/2016 at 7:56 PM

have no idea... not an expert on any of this.

Private User
6/10/2018 at 5:34 AM

Updating on the Ware`s. I asked questions on Peter ware . Wanda has correct her website . After much researching my information with help from another lady. Several who have done research on the Wares have up dated their information . It should go after Nichols (3 Nicks) Peter Peter Peter John. Now which John not sure because a lady said there are two Johns after the last Peter.John and Mary Owen I am not sure which John this one is. So still on hunt

10/1/2021 at 6:11 PM

I just discovered these are my ancestors and I'm trying to sort them out for my personal tree. This site I've been reading has the husband of Mary Farmer as Peter Ware III:

Elizabeth Ware was the d/o Peter Ware III and Mary Farmer (d/o William Farmer) and Elizabeth Hicks and settled in New Kent Co., VA. Her brother, Nicholas Ware I, married Jenny Garrett, sister of John Garrett, III. In 1655 John Garrett III and John Hudson jointly received a land grant of 386 acres in New Kent Co. Ten years later in 1665, John Garrett and Nicholas Ware jointly patented 386 acres in New Kent Co, VA where they settled and raised their families.
In Nell Marion Nugent's Cavaliers and pioneer, Abstracts of Virginia Land Patents and Grants, 1632-1666, John Garrett and Nicholas Ware’s 386 acres was located on the northside of the Mattaponi River for transporting. 8 persons: Sarah Dibdall [wife of Rev. John Dibdall of Surry Co., VA] Jim White [probably related to Rev. George White of Surry Co., VA], Rowland Lurs, William Bryan, La. Boucher, Fran Cooke, Agnes Buck [probably related to Isaac Buck of Scituate who purchased a house once belonging to Resolved White, brother-in-law of Nicholas Ware]. In 1642, Elizabeth Garrett was the sponsor of Stephen Gill of York River. Stephen Gill lived adjacent to Peter Ware III on Queen’s Creek in York Co., VA.

If that is correct, this Peter wouldn't be Peter Sr. but Peter III, so his father would be Peter II, not Sir James Ware. Right?

10/1/2021 at 6:21 PM

More evidence that this Peter's father was named Peter, not James Ware:

https://www.werelate.org/wiki/Eaton_and_Ware_Family_History

Children of Peter Ware II and Katherine Eaton:

a. Peter Ware III (c1614 co. Kent, England-Bet 16 Sep 1657-10 Sep 1659 Hampton Parish, York Co., VA). In 1647 Peter was an attorney for Robert Lewis in York Co., VA. In 1675, Peter Ware sells land in Queen's Creek, Hampton Parish, York Co., VA to Nathaniel Bacon in wich he identified the land as having belonged to his father, "Peter Ware". Mary Hickes was identified in a 1659 Orphan's Court document as the widow of Peter Ware.

...and it has them numbered correctly. :)

10/1/2021 at 7:15 PM

Just when I thought I was on the right track...ugh..

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/127568405/peter-ware

has different parents and geography for Peter who married Mary Hicks..

so now I see how the conflicting parents got connected here on Geni.

And I have no idea which sources have the accurate information!

I hope someone can help!

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion