Quen Bertrade de Monfort (Quen Consort of France) - Bertrade's Husband

Started by Kevin Casey on Tuesday, March 7, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 9 posts
3/7/2017 at 4:41 PM

Don't we mean that her husband was Fulk IV, Count of Anjou, and not Folke Filbyter of Sweden?

Private User
3/8/2017 at 5:09 AM

Something has gone wrong here thats for sure, she was:

Bertrade de Montfort Reine des Francs my 28th great aunt, now she is: Quen Bertrade de Monfort is your 21st great grandmother's husband's great grandfather's 1st wife.

3/8/2017 at 4:13 PM

Hi Shaz, which question did you think I could help with?

The path change indicates that there has been a relationship removed on one of the profiles between you and Bertrade. At 30 generations separation it could be anywhere so next to impossible to find and check. Unless you have a copy somewhere of your old Relationship Path?

As for whether Bertrade de Montfort was married to Folke or Fulk, well I cant see in the revision history any indication that this profile has ever been connected to anyone named Fulk.

Having said that the dates in this profile do seem to match https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bertrade_de_Montfort who is on GEni here: Bertrada of Montfort, Queen consort of France

I think somehow the data for Bertrade has been entered into the profile for Folke's "wife". Reading a bit about Folke tells me that he is bascially mythical and the only evidence that he had a wife is that the story goes he had 3 sons. Given that level of detail it would seem highly unlikely that anyone would know the exact date of death for this unnamed woman.

Private User
3/8/2017 at 4:37 PM

Thanks, Bertrada of Montfort, Queen consort of France is 29th GG, I just wonder why I had this one followed.

In revisions names were changed several times, I remembered that you had been talking about Folke last year, is why I thought you may be interested to see this.

Thanks Heaps :)

3/8/2017 at 4:45 PM

Different person, I was saying that I think Flóki of the Ravens is a duplicate of Flóki of the Ravens

3/8/2017 at 4:46 PM

But still scary that you remember so much of what i say!!

Private User
3/8/2017 at 5:12 PM

There is an old theory that Folke Filbyter and Fulk (Foulques) were the same person, but it has never been proven. If the theory is correct it would explain a lot of the connections between the royal houses in Scandinavia and France/Flandres.

My suggestion is that you delete the parents of Folke Filbyter and rename his wife to NN. It would be a good idea to make them MP too.

Private User
3/8/2017 at 5:16 PM

And please remove the surnames from Folke Filbyter, he should only be called by that name.

Private User
3/9/2017 at 1:01 PM

Alex Moes I have a good memory, am not stalking you lol :)

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion