Robert Lavoie - Documentation

Started by Capitaine Gerald Lauzon on Sunday, April 30, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 13 posts
4/30/2017 at 7:06 PM

What document or source ties Robert De La Voye to the Duc de Nemours Jacques de Savoie?

5/2/2017 at 7:17 AM

i am the evidence because im the descendent.
But for the simple common sense makes me think that when the family left France for canada they changed the name of Savoye to Lavoye because it was possible to interpret the S-sentence for L in the first place and because according to the data of the children that had Jacques and Anne d´est had four Children https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=99823163 and only three are named in geni so Robert Lavoie in the years in particular has the infomration that he born resembles the age of the other brothers so I deduced it. Now I am reading a book and looking for the evidence that can give me the results but im certly convince that im rigth. You can go to famiy search too and see what im saying https://familysearch.org/tree/person/L64M-WQ8/details?spouse=L64M-WWJ but im looking the evidence if you can help me in anything im going to be gratefull.

5/2/2017 at 2:50 PM

All my research of the Lavoie that I found stops at Robert. It seems I'm not the first to try. There is also a significant distance for the time between the Savoie region and Normandy. The move and drop in social status over only one generation makes me wonder how solid is your deduction . Robert died in France, his son left for Canada and the name was already listed has "De La Voye" for Robert. Wikipedia also list only three children for Jacques and Este Savoie. Robert is not one of them.
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_de_Savoie-Nemours The duke and his lineage has been researched and studied since the 17th Century by bonified historians. I don't think they would have left out Robert.
Too bad as this would have been in my lineage too.

5/4/2017 at 11:20 AM

Well im actually reading the history of this Savoie because im not living in Francia and eather in Canada maybe i can give you some links and them you can read what found about Jacques Savoie duc of Nemours but the information is in sapanish other maybe you can find it in french: As i read the duc of Nemours was in Italy and another members of their family and its posible the other part of my family knows this Savoie in Italy them was Pellerano or Pelletier as i read maybe the two families knows in Italy and them found the posibility that they to had inmmigrate to Canada. Im actually searching the document that can say Robert Savoie becasue i found other of Robert East and is posible because as i see in this part of the word some child obtein the firt lastname and others the second lastname so is posible that ROBERT LAVAOIE IS THE SAME PERSON OF ROBERT EAST OR ROBERT SAVOIE OR ROBERT NEMOURS OR OTHER.
So i think that you are looking for some person the never exist you have to sech with otrhers posibles lastname because in my family with other part of the family spanish and italian was the same i found the same person with diferent lastname and others titles.
So help me to reed in franch some information in french becasue im looking in spanish and portugues.

12/27/2019 at 10:05 PM

If Robert is in fact the son of Jacques duke of Nemours and Anne d Este, how did he get to Rouen, Normandy? Why? There is no record that he traveled to Canada, although his son Rene De LaVoye did. My research shows Robert was born and died in Rouen, Normandy. I can't find any evidence that he was son of Jacques, Duke of Nemours.

3/9/2020 at 8:46 PM

Good day all. I was wondering if anyone has found any concrete evidence that corroborates Robert being the issue of Jacques de Savoie and Anna d'Este. If not, the relationship should really be removed.

3/10/2020 at 3:11 PM

Damian, there is absolutely no basis for this theory and it sounds absolutely ridiculous to me. Lavoie and Savoie are not related in any way... I deleted the filiation a few weeks ago, but it was restored. People on this website seem too obsessed with establishing bogus royal connections.

3/10/2020 at 3:26 PM

Disconnected from parents and locked relationships so they can’t return.

3/11/2020 at 2:44 PM

Jonathan, I completely agree with your assessment. I understand people may be excited, but this really hinders progress. Thank you for being thorough and trying to delete this connection.

Erica, thank you so much! Hopefully we can now move forward with identifying the parentage of Robert De Lavoie!

Private User
9/21/2021 at 6:11 AM

It's a marriage record. 14 (or 19) April 1656, Rene De la Voye, age 25, son of Rene De la Voye and Isabeau Lelanger of Rouen, to Anne Godin, age 18(?), daughter of Elie Godin and Esther Br?mage. Her parents were present, his were not. (The cursive writing is almost modern and very clear, except for some typical 17th century eccentricities like the "long S" and possibly variant forms of some capital letters - and the ubiquitous problem of telling the difference between the numerals 4 and 9.)

Private User
9/21/2021 at 6:13 AM

PS: ages given were approximate, not exact.

Private User
11/24/2021 at 7:30 PM

Why does Family Search still have him as Jacques Savoy son when it probably isn’t the truth.

Private User
11/25/2021 at 8:07 AM

FamilySearch family trees are no more reliable than anyone else's - they depend on "what our users tell us", and the users may have...grandiose ideas.

The same is true of pre-modern "records" that have no primary sources - use with caution.

Showing all 13 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion