Charles Martel "the Hammer" - Bernard, duc de Saint Quentin and Charles Martel "the Hammer"

Started by Tatjana Voljavec Scarborough on Thursday, May 11, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 7 posts
5/11/2017 at 10:02 AM

How do both of them show up as my 35th great grandfather Bernard is Charles' son???? @ Tatjana Voljavec Scarborough

Private User
6/10/2017 at 4:02 PM

Hello Voljavec,

I looked at both profiles and discovered the same thing - 35th each for me too. If you look at the lines, you will see they use different lines to show relationship. Bernard's line has one less generation. We're descended from more than one of Charles' children.

Gisela of Cysoing, daughter of Louis and Judith his mother → Louis I, The Pious her father → Charlemagne his father → Pépin III, King of the Franks
his father → Charles Martel "the Hammer" his father
Charles is listed as my 35th great-grandfather.

versus

Judith of Bavaria her mother → Hedwig, Abbess of Chelles her mother → Theodrada of St. Quentin, abbess of Herford her mother → Bernard, duc de Saint Quentin her father
Bernard, who is the son of Charles Martel "the Hammer" and Rotrude, is listed as my 35th great-grandfather.

When I went from Bernard's profile to Charles' by clicking on Charles' name as Bernard's father, it switches the line to Charles being the father of Pépin III rather than Bernard. Strange.

Following some lines I've had the Geni.com computer tell me that someone is an aunt or uncle and on another day say that they are my grandparent. Depends upon the route taken.

I was recently contacted by a distant cousin. Her family has a couple less generations in her family than mine and she's only 10 years older than me.

Kind regards,
MTD

1/6/2018 at 1:06 PM

Hi
Thank you for your response I just noticed.
It does get confusing.

2/16/2018 at 8:20 AM

My direct ancestor is Charles Martel also

2/24/2018 at 9:00 AM

I have stopped counting all the different ways I am apparently descended from Charles Martel, etc. Almost every line I trace leads to this family! I have know about Holy Roman Emperor Otto I for over 30 years, but I finally found my first line that went through him last night!

Private User
3/9/2018 at 3:24 PM

An illumimination? Perhaps......

Private User
3/9/2018 at 3:34 PM

Charles Martel "the Hammer" is my 35th great grandfather too, because Aude is his daughter

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion