Jacob Daniel Vogel - My grandfather

Started by Victor Vogel on Tuesday, June 6, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

6/6/2017 at 2:14 PM

My name is Victor Vogel and I live in Sherwood Park, AB (a suburb of Edmonton, AB) and I would like to give a tribute to my grand-father, Jack Vogel. While he lived in Cochrane, AB in the 1960, I was in my early teens and spent a couple to summers (a week or so at a time) with him. I could not have asked for a more wonderful grandfather. He was a true born again Christian, which was much different than his son, Alan Vogel who was a complete atheist. It is through my grandfather that I came eventually to know God's presence in my life. He told me stories of experiences he had when younger, the sighting of a cross in the sky and a direct meeting with Satan, whom he rebuked in the name of Jesus. I am sure he had his vices, but he did love the Lord. He did not attend any church but told me the Pentecostal church was the denomination closest to the truth. When he passed away in 19977, my heart was broken and I wished I had spent so much more time with him.
My email address if janusvic@telus.net if you would like to communicate with me.

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion