Why has Geni changed the format ?

Started by John Grey Melville Holms on Friday, July 14, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 6 posts
7/14/2017 at 7:50 AM

I am no longer ablke to read the surnames and second for what blankety blank reason do I need to have a flash drive?
Is this some sort of programme designed by consultants sharpening their pencils to justify their creative opportunities?
Why change this system when it was perfect before?

Private User
7/14/2017 at 12:07 PM

As far as I can see nothing has changed.
Could you give examples?

Private User
7/14/2017 at 12:55 PM

/Users/WGA/Desktop/Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 3.46.48 PM.png

did screen shot that did not take.
• Seems when you try to open your tree this message comes up.
• No flash player detected
• Upload Flash Player

I did this and it corrupted my hard drive. Had to re install my files onto anther drive to get rid of this mess. I will not download Flash Driver from Geni.

7/15/2017 at 3:37 AM

What I should have said was that I am unable to view my family tree because all the surnames are hidden. What is the purpose behind that and second why should we as someone has pointed out, thank you, why should I have to employ a Flash Player?

Private User
7/15/2017 at 5:44 AM

How names are displayed depends on YOUR OWN setting for that, - check your preferences both on main page (as all sites with a login: by clicking on your own name at the top) and at the bottom of tree view.

Adobe flash player are unfortunately still needed to display the tree, - later browser updates have disabled flash player so you have to enable it and whitelist it for geni.com until geni have a better solution.

Private User
7/16/2017 at 6:46 AM

It does look like Geni changed how they display the names in the sustitute "Tree" they use when no flash drive. That seems to now display first name followed by three dots. It used to show first and last name.
Was this change on purpose?

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion