Theophilus Eaton, Jr. - Theophilus' mother should be Ann Lloyd Yale Eaton not Grace Hillier?

Started by Lloyd de Vere Hunt on Friday, November 10, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 4 posts
11/10/2017 at 12:47 PM

So we have a problem here because the birth date of Theophilus is not established. Grace Hillier married Theophilus Sr December 3, 1622 and died February 27, 1625/6.

Elizabeth Eaton was born/christened to Theophilus and Grace Sep 19 1624 St Nicholas Acons, London, London, England

Theophilus Jr was born to Theophilus and Ann (Lloyd Yale Eaton) and christened on March 11, 1630 Saint Stephan Coleman Street, London, London, England

Hanna Eaton was born to Theophilus and Ann (Lloyd Yale Eaton) and christened on October 17, 1632 at Saint Stephan Coleman Street, London, London, England

Therefore, he is actually brother to Hanna and half brother to Elizabeth.

I have seen some mention that the family came over in 1637

After leaving the New Haven Colony [America] after his father, Theophilus Eaton's death, and returning to England with his mother, Anne Lloyd Eaton, he moved to Dublin, Ireland. Theophilus, Jr. had sons Richard and John, and a daughter Anne (married Col. Thomas Maunsell) , b. May 9, 1658. Dublin, Ireland records state that Theophilus, Jr. married (second time) in 1667, Anne King, and his will was probated in 1668.

11/10/2017 at 1:42 PM

I have made the corrections

11/10/2017 at 1:42 PM

I have made the corrections

11/10/2017 at 4:01 PM

Nicely done. I added your notes to the profile.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion