Unable to add relatives.... help!

Started by Constitutional Republic on Monday, July 23, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 7 posts
7/23/2018 at 7:13 AM

Ok, I do not know the terminology everyone uses for the different features on the site so I'll do my best to explain.
When I first joined Geni I had no problem creating profiles. I go into the tree and click ADD FATHER or ADD MOTHER etc.
But now when I click on one of those, absolutely NOTHING happens. The profile creation window will not open.
Yes, I've cleared cookies. Yes, I have updated Adobe Flash Player.
And now, when I came to this page to post this message, there is a big message in red at the top of the page saying "You don't have permission to view this page".
What the heck is going on? It is virtually impossible to reach anyone at customer service. How do the rest of you handle issues like this?

Private User
7/23/2018 at 10:35 AM

You seem to have posted the message, so - was there a warning that could just be ignored, or ??

Which browser are you using?

See my comment https://www.geni.com/discussions/182027?msg=1228931 - is your problem the same, or likely related?

As to how to add relatives -- you might try using a different browser,
and/or try going to Profile View, and then on line under "Immediate Family" - across from "Showing ..." - click on "Add Family"
[I have always added from Tree; last I checked - one browser worked for me to Add Family from Tree View - but could not copy or paste in most places on Geni using that browser, so had to have two browsers open for the two different tasks]

Private User
7/23/2018 at 11:28 AM

I have no such problems; - Google chrome, latest version on a Mac

7/23/2018 at 1:47 PM

BJORN... Thank you for that useless comment.

LOIS.... yes, the problem is EXACTLY the same that you described in your other post. I use IE on a Windows 8.1 HP Pavilion laptop. Do you know any other type of browser beside Firefox (which crashes my computer) or the mega criminal spyware Chrome - I'd rather abandon computers altogether than allow Google access to mine - and now they have a $5 billion fine from the European Union for major corruption yet people just keep using it and signing away their entire lives ... not venting, just explaining, LOL. I use Bing for searches. I tried your suggesting about click on ADD FAMILY down in the immediate family section... never noticed that before... it worked! Thank you VERY MUCH for that straight up and simple response, which is rather difficult to get around here! You should be a Curator, we need people like you.

Private User
7/24/2018 at 1:00 AM

James, - it is not useless, - it is just a hint that the problem could be related to your own computer, something Geni cannot fix, - like your personal settings and selection of browser.

7/27/2018 at 5:02 PM

Constitutional Republic - there was indeed a problem that we caused, for IE users. It should be fixed now. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

7/27/2018 at 7:07 PM

Thanks Mike! BTW... you and I are 18th cousins. :) Nice to meet you. We share the same grandfather - John Hill of Spaxton.

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion