Christian B Clemmer - son Jacob

Started by Kathleen Ann Landis Delp on Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 2 posts
1/16/2019 at 1:06 PM

I am questioning if this is the right Jacob? He is born before his father Christian. The reason I am questioning the Jacob is I have a
Jacob Bar Clemmer with the exact same birth/death dates looks like Christian is an added generation? Maybe I should have asked if Christian is correct? Since he was born after Jacob. Since I don't have any information on Christian I will let someone who does work this out.
Jacob Bar Clemmer
1688–1751
BIRTH 1688 • Zürich, Switzerland
DEATH 11 NOV 1751 • Milford, Bucks, Pennsylvania
his father is
Valentine Urmer Urner Klemmer Clemmer Clymer
1655–1740
BIRTH 12 MAY 1655 • Am Ablis, Canton, Zurich, Switzerland
DEATH 1740 • Conestoga, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
and his mother is
Barbara Syedler Bar Beyer
1659–1711
BIRTH 11 SEP 1659 • Ottenbach, Affoltern, Zurich, Switzerland
DEATH 2 SEP 1711 • Steinsfurt, Rhein-Neckar-Kreis, Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany

1/17/2019 at 9:12 AM

I believe Jacob Bar and Christian Barr Clymer Klemmer are brothers. I found the following (can not vouch for accuracy) somewhere along the way on their father Valentine;

orn 12 May 1655 - Am Ablis, Canton, Zurich, Switzerland
Deceased in 1740 - Mellinger's Cemetery, East Lampeter Township, Lancaster County, PA , age at death: 85 years old

Valentine Clemmer (son of Henrick Frantz Clymer and Barbara Urmy) was born May 21, 1655 in Afoltern am Ablis, Canton Zurich, Switzerland, and died Abt. 1740 in Bucks Co., PA (On a visit to Conestoga, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania ).
Includes NotesNotes for Valentine Clemmer:
--Source of information (17 April 2000): Donna (Null) Basinger; Found on .
Accuracy 1: There is a dispute whether or not Bishop Valentine Clymer was ever married, if he had children, and when he arrived in Philadelphia. The book HENRICH AND MARIA CLEMMER OF FRANCONIA indicates that he came to America with his 17 yr. old grandson, Valentine.
Accuracy 2: 1999, For this report I will identify him as the son of Henrick Frantz Klemmer and Barbara Urmy but THERE IS NO SOLID EVIDENCE although the Davis Family Tree include Bishop Valentine Klemmer in that family
Burial: Cemetery of East Swamp Mennonite Church, Bucks County or Mellengers' Cemetery in Lancaster County where he died on a visit
Children 1: If he truly arrived with a 17 yr. old grandson it would mean he was married at one time and had at least one daughter. Tradition has also placed Henrich Clemmer of Franconia as an uncle of Valentine Hunsicker, thus a child of Bishop Valentine!
Children 2: 2000, For the sake of including many Clymer lines, have included all Bucks County Clymers/Klemmers (before 1740) as Valentine's children although THERE IS NO PROOF OF A RELATIONSHIP!
Emmigrated: 1717, From Europe to Pennsylvania in large community-considered migration Office held: Minister in Switzerland, then minister and bishop in Great Swamp, Millford Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Signed: 1725, CONFESSION OF FAITH, English version of the Mennonite teaching as written in the 1632 Dortrecht CHRISTIAN CONFESSION OF THE FAITH OF THE HARMLESS CHRISTIANS, IN THE NETHERLANDS KNOWN BY THE NAME OF MENNONISTS --- Published by Andrew Bradford (see notes).
Valentine Urmy Clymer b: May 12, 1655 (Some have identified him as Bishop Valentine Klemmer of Bucks County but I don't believe anyone has any proof.)
--Source of information (15 May 2000): Stanford L Landis ; He arrived in Pennsylvania in 1717. He was a Mennonite bishop. He was one of the signers of the Dortrect Confession in 1725 as a representative from Great Swamp, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. He supposedly brought his grandson Valentine Hunsiker to Pennsylvania with him in 1717. He probably brought over most of his children in 1717. The Mennonite men, Jacob, Christian, Johan Jacob, Henrich and Hans Clemmer are probably all sons of Valentine and arrived in Pennsylvania in 1717.
More About Valentine Clemmer:
Burial: Cemetery of East Swamp Mennonite Church, Bucks County, Pennsylvania.
Emigration: 1717, Pennsylvania.
Children of Valentine Clemmer are:

+Hans Clemmer, b. August 30, 1711, Europe, d. 1737, Salford Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.
Jacob Clemmer, b. 1688, d. 1751.
Christian Clemmer, b. 1697.
Heinrich Clemmer, b. 1700, d. 1791.

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion