Lettice Jones (Melton) - Parents

Начала Private User воскресенье, 3 февраля 2019
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Показаны все сообщения (2)
Private User
3.2.2019 в 6:29 после полудня

I do not believe that the parents of the Lettice that married John Jones, are Daniel Farr Melton and Elizabeth Norvell. On the marriage bond for John Jones and Lettice Melton, it says: "State of North Carolina, Burke CountyKnow all Men by these presents, that we John Jones & John Melton in the state aforesaid, " and typically, the bond is between the bride's father and the husband to be.

And of course, there's a chance that the John Melton is not her father, but a brother or uncle, or grandfather, etc. And there were a lot of them, but if she is who I think she is, her father would have been alive and able to witness this bond.

And this doesn't mean that there weren't two Lettices, and Daniel Melton had one too, only that it seems more likely that John Jone's father in law was John Melton.

I'll post Lettice's Prayer Book that lists all of John and Sarah Melton's children, and Lettice is among them, so we know that John and Sarah did have a daughter of that name.

Also, I cannot find any documentation that lists a Lettice as a daughter of Daniel Melton, nor any other document that links them together and shows a relationship to John Jones.

3.2.2019 в 7:04 после полудня

Disconnected as daughter of Daniel Farr Melton, I for you.

Показаны все сообщения (2)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении