John 'Blacksmith' Wooldridge - Possible parents?

Начала Erica Howton среда, 3 апреля 2019
Показаны все сообщения (12)
3.4.2019 в 5:41 после полудня

Please see this book and comment:

https://www.wooldridgefamily.com/35_Appendix_I.pdf

Tagging cousins Brady Lang (who brought to attention), Marvin Loyd Welborn (Tink) ♒️ , and anyone else interested.

Geni says he’s my 7th great grandfather.

3.4.2019 в 6:57 после полудня

I asked Bill (William C. Wooldridge) for his thoughts, told him we'd opened a discussion on this. Awaiting to hopefully hear from him.

4.4.2019 в 5:33 после полудня

Response from William C. Wooldridge....

Marvin, good to hear from you again, and thanks very much for the link to Appendix I, as I am glad to hear it is being discussed.

Yes, I am more than familiar with this Appendix. Based on multiple trips over a period of ten years to the LDS library in Salt Lake City and to the British National Archives in Kew (outside London), I researched and wrote it, and posted it on my website about two years ago. You will see my name at the bottom of the first page, and can find the original posting on my website wooldridgefamily.com in the Updates section.

The first Update is Appendix H, which gathers together, with detailed citations, the history of the Wooldridges’ use of the name Midlothian for properties in America.

Then Appendix I tries to find a candidate for John Wooldridge (the blacksmith) in a Wooldridge family with a Midlothian connection. I am the first to say that the identification suggested in Appendix I is not proven, but I think it is plausible.

You note that this is currently being discussed on genie.com. I tried to find the discussion by searching that website for Wooldridge, but there were too many hits and I did not see the discussion.

Could you send me a link to the actual discussion? I will be most interested to see what people are thinking. Thanks!

Bill
Unquote

I will send him the link.

4.4.2019 в 5:35 после полудня

Just to bring the Discussion up to date:

Here are the previous postings in other purviews:

Re: John 'Blacksmith' Wooldridge
Between Erin Spiceland, Duncan Lloyd, Brady Lang, jeffry lee wooldridge, Ross Allan Meyer, Gene Daniell, Gary B. Cummings, Marc Hansen Andonian, Erica Howton, Donna Winter/Glenn, Jim Semple, Jr, Joann Bonnie Bresciani, Sally Nail, Sherry Lynn Harper, Carl Alexander Wooldridge, Dottie Mae Kelty, Reba Dianne Wright and Marvin Loyd Welborn

Marvin Loyd Welborn
Today at 8:31 PM
over to https://www.geni.com/discussions/194754?msg=1288548
I've received a response from William C. Wooldridge (author)

Erica Howton
yesterday at 8:42 PM
Let’s do this as a discussion from profile:
https://www.geni.com/discussions/194754?msg=1288548
Please contribute everyone !
Best
Cousin Erica

Brady Lang
yesterday at 2:37 PM
Managers of John 'Blacksmith' Wooldridge,
I am contacting you about this profile: John Wooldridge
I recently found a document that comes from the Wooldridge family book by William C. Wooldridge. He claims to have found the possible parents of John Wooldridge the Blacksmith. Can somebody look into it and then decide whether that is enough evidence to support replacing his unknown parents with real ones?
https://www.wooldridgefamily.com/35_Appendix_I.pdf
Sincerely,
Brady Lang
 John 'Blacksmith' Wooldridge

4.4.2019 в 5:44 после полудня

Marvin Loyd Welborn (Tink) ♒️ May I suggest you send him a link to the Geni profile and then he can look in profile view for the discussion tab?

Part of my question would be if he’s made an ancestry tree anywhere public that could be SmartCopied into Geni (looking at you Marvin). :). We also can import a Gedcom file.

4.4.2019 в 5:45 после полудня

Also, this is a direct link to this discussion:

https://www.geni.com/discussions/194754?msg=1288548

He would probably need to make himself a (Free) Geni account to participate.

4.4.2019 в 5:58 после полудня

I sent him the Profile link & advised him of the Discussions Tab.

4.4.2019 в 9:21 после полудня

I would just like to point out that I have no connection the Wooldridge family whatsoever. The reason I know about this is because I live in Midlothian, Virginia and I found Bill's Appendix H very interesting in regard to the origins of the name of my town. Also, my house was built on land that probably belonged to a Wooldridge at one point.

Thanks for everybody's interest in this topic.

6.4.2019 в 6:12 до полудня

Thanks Brady.

It still looks like the parentage of John "The Blacksmith" Wooldridge is still undetermined, though what William C. Wooldridge has found & written provides the closest Clues thus far.

Anyone else following this Profile have any Input?

6.4.2019 в 11:36 до полудня

What are the implications (pro / con) to adding the possible parents to Geni?

7.4.2019 в 5:30 после полудня

I think we should add them and put a little caution mark on all three profiles that says something like "most likely parents however not completely proven." Obviously it would be more polished than that but you get the idea.

8.4.2019 в 5:47 до полудня

Yes, a Caveat Should be added.

Показаны все сообщения (12)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении