Anne Macqueen (Mackintosh) - Why has Anne Mackintosh been removed as the mother of Dugal McQueen?

Started by James Stratman on Friday, April 5, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 7 posts
4/5/2019 at 7:09 PM

According to genealogist and researcher Dr. David Boles, Anne McQueen should be the mother of Dugal. I have personally corresponded with Dr. Boles over the parentage of Dugal McQueen.

Antiquarian Notes, Historical, Genealogical,and Social (Second Series): Inverness-shire Parish by Parish. Inverness: A. & W.Mackenzie.

↑ Historical Memoirs of the House and Clan of Mackintosh and of the Clan Chattan. London: Private print.
Dr. David B. Boles, https://bolesbooksblog.wordpress.com/2015/01/23/4-dugal-mcqueen-sco...

Boles, D.B. (2015). Boles-Barth Omnibus Ancestry. Tuscaloosa, AL: private print at Lulu.

Fraser-Mackintosh, C. (1897). Antiquarian Notes, Historical, Genealogical, and Social (Second Series): Inverness-shire Parish by Parish. Inverness: A. & W. Mackenzie.

Shaw, A.M. (1880). Historical Memoirs of the House and Clan of Mackintosh and of the Clan Chattan. London: Private print. [Note: This work is frequently shown as having been authored by A.M. Mackintosh, but the coverpage shows the author as A.M. Shaw, and the preface is signed "A.M.S."

4/5/2019 at 8:20 PM

My Heritage is not a reliable source. I have seen numerous mistakes made with their information.

4/6/2019 at 7:11 PM

Who removed Anne as Dugal's mother?

4/7/2019 at 11:07 PM

Jonathan Seth Wolfson did but he has corrected it and now added her back as Dugal McQueen's mother. However, John McQueen should be Dugal's father according to research done by Dr. David Boles.

4/8/2019 at 1:18 AM

https://bolesbooksblog.wordpress.com/2015/01/23/4-dugal-mcqueen-sco...

“Dugal, it was clear, was the son of John Macqueen by Anne, daughter of William Mackintosh, the 18th chief, and his wife Margaret Graham.”

I will move Dugal to son of Anne & John & disconnect her from Duncan.

4/8/2019 at 2:43 PM

Thank you Erica. I appreciate that. I just feel that there is more evidence to support that than Duncan McQueen.

4/8/2019 at 3:15 PM

The evidence supports your feeling. Glad to help.

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion