Deleting old GEDCOM

Started by Frank Edwin Schleicher on Saturday, March 14, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 6 posts
3/14/2020 at 12:42 PM

I would like to delete my outdated GEDCOM. Many errors and duplications. Then re-load a newer and better version. Can I do this?

3/14/2020 at 12:44 PM
3/15/2020 at 7:40 PM

Hello Frank,

You are connected and part of the Geni World Tree of over 142 Million connected profiles. Gedcom import is a one time thing. You could import another gedcom but would have to still merge and cleanup the existing profile on Geni World Tree. Duplicate profiles are resolved by merging them together into one profile.

Private User
3/17/2020 at 5:53 PM

You may want to look into SmartCopy -- with it, I think you can basically go thru a Tree (for example, your tree!!) on MyHeritage or Ancestry or etc. in comparison to your Tree on Geni and choose where and what changes to accept/ make to the Profile(s) on Geni

7/13/2021 at 2:08 PM

"I would like to delete my outdated GEDCOM. Many errors and duplications. Then re-load a newer and better version. Can I do this?"

That was my fist question. Let me restate. I have several GEDCOMs or trees. They were created over the last decade. I have a big, new one in MH now that I ant to keep. Can I throw the Old Outdated ones away?

Private User
7/13/2021 at 2:30 PM

Looks like you have no other Geni users within your family group, so it might be possible to find a point where we can cut so that you can delete your current tree by closing your account and select that your tree should be deleted without deleting profiles added by others. Alternatively you have the option to delete your family group automatically when closing your account.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion