Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member
  • Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
Private User
6/28/2020 at 2:49 PM

So Elizabeth Warner, born 1672, died 1719, daughter of Augustine Warner and Mildred Reade was married to John Lewis. Never was married to anyone else.The two husbands and all their children are all incorrect.

From looking at the revision history, some merging went on that shouldn't have. I want to give everyone a moment before I tear this apart, for input. In part because I don't know the best way to do it. I need to create a daughter of Augustine and Mildred named Elizabeth, and remove the other Elizabeth as their child? Since there is no link to John Lewis as a husband, or any of their children, that then would have to be added to the new Elizabeth. Then someone would have to add the old Elizabeth's correct parents.

Or is there an easier way?

Private User
7/5/2020 at 2:44 PM

The profile for my 7th ggm, Mildred (Reade) Warner married to Augustine Warner shows their daughter Elizabeth as married only to Col. John "Councillor" Lewis.

Their daughter Elizabeth Leticia Lewis is shown to have 2 husbands, 1) William C. Rush and 2) Maj. John Bolling, II. A discrepancy here is that Bolling died 1757 and Rush died ca.1768 so shouldn't Eliz.Leticia's last married name be Rush. Dates are wrong or E.L. was only married to Rush. (Geni says Bolling is her 2nd husband)

E.L.'s listed 12 children (all Rushes) that she started having at around 21 have the following birthdates: Peter 1725, Sarah 1730, Wm. ca 1730, Eliz. 1732, John 1735, David 1736, Conrad 1737, then an 8 year gap, Henry 1745, Stephen 1746, and then 3 children with unknown birthdates: "Unknown," Benjamin, and Andrew.

When one looks at John Bolling's list of children, there are 35 listed which made me laugh out loud. I think John is the culprit for messing up the profile. John's wife Elizabeth Blair died in 1775, 18 years AFTER her husband. So there is no way Eliz. Leticia (Lewis) Rush could have been married to Major John Bolling, II, especially since her husband William Rush out lived John.

Solution: disconnect Maj. John Bolling II from Elizabeth Leticia (Lewis) Rush's profile and vice versa. Frankly, I'd like the name Bolling expunged from my 5th ggm's profile since it is not even a name related to us. - Harriet

7/5/2020 at 8:35 PM

This Rush / Bolling connection to the same Elizabeth Lewis has always been unbelievable. William Rush and Elizabeth Lewis are my 6th great grandparents.... twice.... thru both of my parents.

Harriet, I wish that you had a dna test done. We MAY show as a match. A bit far back, but I have had matches going back 6, even 7 generations.

Private User
7/6/2020 at 7:08 AM

Diana Collins, do you have Alvah Clarence Clayton, Phebe Rush or John Raphael Rush in either your mother's or father's tree? Since John Raphael was one of about 12 children, there could be many other possibilities for cousins!!!

Diana, I did my DNA on 23 and me under my married name.

7/6/2020 at 1:24 PM

Confusing.... ok, so, I am blood to William Rush and Elizabeth Lewis 2x both thru my mom. Being thru son Conrad, and thru son Peter. They are brothers of John Raphael. It would be my Pittman line that I am related to 2x thru both my parents.

Diana Collins
You → Shirley Ann Collins
your mother → Nellie Marie Hunter
her mother → Phoebe Jeanette Goosman
her mother → Lavina Ruth Hendershot
her mother → Elizabeth Jemima Pittman
her mother → Jacob Rush
her father → Private Peter Rush, Sr.
his father

You
→ Shirley Ann Collins
your mother → Nellie Marie Hunter
her mother → Phoebe Jeanette Goosman
her mother → Jake Hendershot
her father → Hannah Hendershot
his mother → Jacob Rush, Sr.
her father → Conrad Rush
his father

Is there any way you can transfer (import) your dna results to geni?

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion