Jewish Communities in Latin America

Started by Hatte Anne Blejer on Sunday, January 24, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 4 posts
1/24/2021 at 6:21 PM

Dear All Interested -

I have worked on Jewish families related to my husband who were

(1) part of the Moises Ville or Basovilbaso colonies in the early 20th century who came from several Jewish agricultural colonies in Southern Ukraine, these include Litmanovich, Blejer/Blecher/Bleger, Wolfson, and Seltser, but there are others that they married with. I belong to several Facebook groups for descendants of the Baron Hirsh colony settlers and am acquainted with some of the experts and resources

(2) Several related families who came independently from the Zhitomir region after the Russian Revolution (Blejer / Blecher, Guilman / Gilman)

I understand Spanish but am not a good resource for Jewish families in Argentina in general. My connection is through my late Argentinian husband and although I have 50 years of involvement with Argentinian Jewish families from various towns, I'm stick to my specialized expertise / knowledge.

There is another Geni curator, who I will tag in the next post, who has a broader knowledge of Argentina's Jewish communities.

I was approached by someone who is a Geni member, who would like to see a Geni group / project on Latin American Jewish communities. He says he works on Brazil. I'll tag him also in the next post here.

Would you please post here if you are interested in this project and let us know what country / sub-specialty you have expertise or interest in.

1/24/2021 at 6:22 PM

Private User - specialty in Argentina and in Jewish genealogy in Argentina

Private User - suggested the formation of such a group / project on Geni and would take the lead in Jewish families in Brazil

1/24/2021 at 6:23 PM

I will be happy to set up and contribute to such a project.

Private User
1/26/2021 at 7:53 PM

I have relatives who immigrated to Uruguay in 1920's. Would love more info and documentation.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion