Berkowitz/Berkovits and Eichler

Started by Private User on Sunday, March 7, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 4 posts
Private User
3/7/2021 at 2:42 PM

My great grandfather, Moritz/Moshe Dov (ben Shmuel) Berkovits and his wife Sofia/ Shifra (bat Wolf) Eichler were both from Hummene and surrounding villages. They settled inWilkes-Barre PA n the late 1800’s. I’d be interested in hearing from others with this ancestry. I also wrote a memoir about what I discovered about the family’s origins. Message me if you’d like a copy.

3/7/2021 at 8:08 PM

Please consider adding dates and places to your tree and placing the Hebrew names in the Hebrew tab or aka. This should help you find more information.

Private User
3/8/2021 at 5:15 AM

These are some familiar names. After my gg-grandfather Wolf Jacobowitz lost his wife Miriam Friedman, he married the widow of Yitzhak Eichler,
Yitzchak Eichler , Rivkah Sonnenthal: Rivka Eichler Jacobowitz. They combined families and moved to NewYork.
I have some speculation that Miriam's brother Israel Friedman, https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/person/tree/63720955/person/35..., moved to Scranton, PA. If they were related to your Berkovits family, they would have been in touch.
I would like to see a copy of your memoir.
David Jacobowitz
David.Jacobowitz@uvm.edu

Private User
3/8/2021 at 12:07 PM

Hi David
I will send you my memoir. I am not familiar with Israel Friedman, but we do have a number of Freedman's who married into my Berkovits/Berkowitz family. Also, my father was born in Scranton.
Best,
Mark Strauss

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion