Started by Susan M Dickey on Sunday, March 7, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 2 posts
3/7/2021 at 3:51 PM

https://wc.rootsweb.com/trees/240975/I5029/isaac-martin/individual
Notes
"Note: BIRTH: Carol Adams research received from Jim Martin 6/4/97. Patent 11, pg. 51; King and Queen County, Virginia 21 Feb. 1720; 340 acre patent by Isaac martin; Land on branches of Beverley Run east of main run, beginning line of Beverley Park land and east side of White Oak Swamp adj. Cornelius Saile, Fra. and Edward Goldman. MARRIAGE: It is assumed that Isaac was married prior to the birth of James in 1740. Caroline co., VA Order Book 1756-1754; 13 July 1747; Ordered that Mace Pickett to pay Edward Love and Isaac Martin for their attendance, being 350 pound of tabacco. Caroline Co., VA Order Book 1755-1788, 12 May 1757 Isaac Martin and wife Phillis deed land to John Martin and same amount to Isaac Martin, Jr. Wife Phillis Martin privately examined. Halifax Co., VA - 4 July 1759 - Isaac Martin patented 400 acres of land on N. Branches Childrey's Creek up John Hickey's Road adjoining John Tribble - 40 shillings (Cavaliers & Pioneers, Vol. VI, pg. 623) Halifax Co., VA - 4 July 1759 - Isaac Martin patented 400 acres on both sides of Bentley's Fork of Childreys Creek adjoining George Morris, Joseph Collins, & John Collier - 40 shillings - (Cavaliers & Pioneers, Vol. VI, pg. 599) Halifax Co., VA - 1 Aug. 1772 - Isaac Martin purchased 276 acres on N. Branches Childers Creek Up Hickeys Road crossing Bentley's fork; adjoing Collier, sd. Martins old line & John Hampton. 1# 10 shillings (Cavaliers & Pioneers, Vol. VII, pg. 839 Two Isaac Martins witnessed a deed in 1765 for Benjamin Hubbard. One could write; the other could not. ( Halifax Co., VA Deed Book 5, pg. 276.) This may have been father and son. Old Isaac Martin could not write, he used a mark (I) for his signature. There were two Isaac Martins that voted in the election of 1765 -- was young Isaac old enough to vote and did he own the land that was required to make him eligible to vote? Halifax Co., VA Will Book 1, pg. 58 dated 4 May 1769; Probated: 17 Feb 1774. Will witnessed by Stephen Collins, Joseph Collins, Tabitha Collins and Judith Collins. Exec: James Martin; Isaac Martin and William Martin refusing the exec. Sec: Jacob Martin, Isaac Martin, William Martin, Giles Martin, John Trible, Nathan Martin and John Martin. Text of Will of Isaac Martin: Halifax Will Bk. 1, pg 58; Isaac Martin being proper health and of perfect mind and memory"...To Jacob Martin my oldest son the plantation whereon he now lives with an equal number of acres with the rest of my sons hereafter mentioned of all the land I hold at my decease to be equally divided according to good method among my seven sons, to wit, the said JACOB MARTIN, JAMES MARTIN, JOHN MARTIN, ISAAC MARTIN, WILLIAM MARTIN, NATHAN MARTIN, GILES MARTIN, to which Giles, I give the plantation where I now live with an equal number of acres to each of the rest their equal parts joining their new designs, to my sons and their heirs forever. I will also if any of my sons die leaving no lawful offspring, their parts of land to return to the rest that survives. The negroes and movable estate to be sold at public sale to the highest bidder and after lawful debts are paid the reminder to be equally divided among my seven sons above mentioned and six daughters, namely; HANNAH, the wife of BENJAMIN HUBBARD, SARAH MARTIN, MARY MARTIN, RACHEL the wife of JOHN TRIBLE, ELIZABETH the wife of JOHN DYER and FILLIS MARTIN. If any of my sons or daughters die without issue their parts to be equally divided amongst the then living except this, I will that the money which comes to my daughter MARY's part may at her decease fall to her daughter LUCY MARTIN and to her heirs forever. That is, farther to say , if the said Mary should marry, I will if she has then sufficiency to account for the estate I so left her the same may be valued by the Executors and it retained by her husband, he shall give security for payment of the same to the said Lucy at the death of my daughter, Mary. Exr: Sons, JAMES MARTIN, ISAAC MARTIN & WILLIAM MARTIN WD 4 May 1769 Wit: Joseph Collins, Stephen Collins, Tabitha Collins, Judith Collins. WP 17 Feb 1774. Presented by James Martin one of the Exrs. (Isaac Martin & William Martin refusing) & proved by two of the wit. SEC: Jacob Martin, Isaac Martin & William Martin, Giles Martin, John Trible, Nathan Martin and John Martin."
Less

3/8/2021 at 11:55 AM

Susan M Dickey Thanks! please see the source I uploaded to Isaac's profile which was furnished by Teresa Klaiber

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion