Sarah George (Elmore?) - Needs Fixing

Started by Debbie Gambrell on Friday, March 26, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 9 posts
3/26/2021 at 5:20 PM

Her About section clearly states right off that her parents are unknown. Her maiden name is shown as Elmore ?.

Connections like this give false pathways. It's better to have no parents connected than ify connections that no one can trust to be correct.

3/28/2021 at 1:40 PM

Debbie. You are right of course. The profile is locked so I can not edit it.

When Sarah married Robert George she was the widow of Thomas Elliott with a child Mary. One would need to see the actual parish record to search for more information.

Bob Watney

3/28/2021 at 6:06 PM

I locked relationships and removed the Elmore name.

3/28/2021 at 6:26 PM

Thanks, Erica.

3/29/2021 at 6:24 AM

Thank you, Erica.
Can you also remove the 'unknown' birth name

10/7/2021 at 9:54 AM

J Franklin Please show evidence for parents here, and also in the profile “about.”

10/7/2021 at 10:22 AM

Evidence needed to support parents of Thomas Archer Elmore, Sr. & Rebecca Elmore

10/7/2021 at 10:45 AM

I’m having trouble with her “Mary” daughter, if anyone can clarify.

At the moment set up as:

Mary Goodwin

And also as Mary Herndon

10/7/2021 at 11:16 AM

See notes.

https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Tinsley-495
There seems to be a good bit of confusion about birthdate and parentage of Sarah Elliott, perhaps signaling the conflation of two or more women of that name, one of whom may have been born Elmore and the other one Tinsley. The Sarah Elliott who died in 1734 was probably born in 1666. If she was a Tinsley, this would probably make her the daughter of Thomas I,not Thomas II.

There is a Sarah in the Christ Church VA Parish Register as the wife of Thomas Elliott. However, if she was born in 1666, they cannot have been married in England in 1664, as listed above.

The Sarah and Thomas Elliott recorded in the Christ Church Parish Register had one daughter, Mary, christened Feb. 27, 1687. Thomas Elliott (described as being "of Chipping Orgur, Essex") was buried a few months later on March 4, 1687, and Sarah remarried to Robert George. They had a large family. This Sarah was still bearing children in 1709 or later, so she could not have been born in 1632. SO--there may have been a Sarah (Unknown) born in 1632 and married to a Thomas Elliott in England in 1664, and she may have had a daughter Mary, but this is not the same Sarah Elliott recorded in the Christ Church Virginia Parish register as the wife of Thomas Elliott (who died in 1687) and who then married Robert George.

Find-a-grave has the following information, with a death date that matches the one above for Sarah Elliott, though the birthdate is very different (http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=61613139)

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion