Benjamin Franklin Buffkin (Bufkin) - To many unsourced parents

Started by Susanne Floyd on Saturday, April 10, 2021
Showing all 3 posts
4/10/2021 at 10:32 PM

Benjamin Buffking of Georgetown District has two sets of parents now with no sources. I wrote some notes on the first set that sources were needed, but on April 2 a new merge took place.

Need sources or a disconnect for:

Levin Bufkin and his wife Dorothy Bufkin

or

Josiah Buffking and his wife Unknown wife of Josiah Bufking

I highly suspect that Benjamin Buffking of Georgetown District 's middle name is not Franklin.

5/22/2021 at 7:52 PM

Still no proof on parents. This has been posted for over a month. A few My Heritage trees have Josiah and Gloria Ray Buffkin as parents, but sources are nowhere to be found linking Levin anywhere that I can find. Again, I find no source for his middle name as Franklin either.

6/17/2021 at 9:05 PM

There are no sources for his parents' names other than trees on other sites, though as we know he had a son named Josiah, that name seems probable for his father as it was customary to name a child for grandparents.

The name Gloria was introduced to the English-speaking world by E. D. E. N. Southworth's novel Gloria (1891) and George Bernard Shaw's play You Never Can Tell (1898), which both feature characters with a Portuguese background [1]. It was popularized in the early 20th century by American actress Gloria Swanson (1899-1983). Another famous bearer is feminist Gloria Steinem (1934-) according to https://www.behindthename.com/name/gloria. It seems improbable that his mother's name was Gloria.

I am changing the name of "Gloria" to Unknown Wife of Josiah Bufkin" and will continue to look for sources.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion