Meir Zurich - Was Meir Zurich a citizen of Zurich (Switzerland) ?

Started by Private User on Sunday, April 25, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 12 posts
Private User
4/25/2021 at 9:43 AM

I am a 20th great grandson of Meir Zurich through the Gunzburg family.
Does anyone know about the whereabouts of Meir ? Was his name linked to Zurich city in Switzerland (I live in Geneva) ?
Thanks !

4/25/2021 at 9:59 AM

Private User

To the best of my memory, he lived in Germany.

Private User
4/25/2021 at 11:40 AM

Thanks. Your memory is based on some sources ? Any idea where the name Zurich came from. Was there a Zurich town in Germany ?

4/25/2021 at 11:47 AM

Private User

I worked on this branch (he is also my great grandfather through the Ginzburg family), I tried to find information about his parents, and could not find

Private User
4/28/2021 at 12:46 AM

Thank you Haim! Should you find something new, please let me know!

4/28/2021 at 5:25 AM

Private User

I would love to let you know,

I must note that any information I find I upload in geni
I recently tried to find more information in this branch, and i could not find one

9/21/2021 at 10:33 AM

I am also of the Ginzburg branch as well as that of the Kalonymus family. Meir Zurich most definitely lived in Germany on the Rhine or Alcase-Lorraine. When I get more info on his life I will update it here.

9/22/2021 at 7:33 AM

Liam Solomon
Are you a direct descendant of the Ginzburg and Kalonymus families?

I ask because I am a direct descendant of these families from a number of different branches, I checked the connection between you and me, there must be a blood relationship between us, and the algorithm shows me a very very long and indirect connection.
The connection between us
https://www.geni.com/path/Haim-Wartski-Hachoen+is+related+to+Liam-S...
And that's the connection between meir zurich and me
https://www.geni.com/path/Haim-Wartski-Hachoen+is+related+to+Meir-Z...

11/27/2021 at 2:13 PM

Haim WARTSKI,HACOHEN I am not quite sure about direct yet. My 4th great grandmother in her written history claims writes that she was 1st cousin to the Baron Gunzburg leading me to assume then that they share a grandparent somewhere. This research as well as help from a friend of mine who is directly from the kalonymos led me to find im related to both families and most likely am a direct descendant. I would not say it is fully confirmed yet. But I agree with your point about probably being related.

11/28/2021 at 3:22 AM

Liam Solomon

Wishing you success in your research

11/29/2021 at 8:58 AM

Have any of you made a Y-DNA test?

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion