Joseph William Calhoun - Joseph Calhoun's Parents in Question

Начала Patty Taylor среда, 28 апреля 2021
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

28.4.2021 в 10:56 до полудня

Based on the following evidence, the parental relationship of Capt. John Calhoun and Rebecca Rand was removed until it can be proven by Genealogical Proof Standards.

Notes from James Franklin Dawson:
In doing a review, my opinion is that Joseph William Calhoun, Sr. is not the son of Captain John Calhoun and Rebecca Rand.

First, all the other children of Captain John Calhoun and Rebecca Rand are identified except Joseph William Calhoun, Sr. in the research and sources compiled by Robert Calhoun Ed, August 1994, Rev 2, entitled: "The Descendant and Ancestors of Thomas Calhoun of Albert County, New Brunswick, p. 9." A copy of page 9 was posted on family tree under "Memories" for Captain John Calhoun (1775- 1853). I also checked this document to look for the name of Joseph William Calhoun, Sr. but did not find one. There was a listing for a "Joseph Palmer Calhoun, Joseph Wellington Calhoun, and Joseph Calhoun Deacon." None of these three were connected to Joseph William Calhoun, Sr.

Second, Joseph William Calhoun, Sr. was identified in the 1850 through 1880 U.S. Censuses as being born in North Carolina. All other children of Captain John Calhoun were born in Hopewell Cape, Albert, N.B. Canada. Captain John Calhoun both lived and died in Canada with no record of him every residing in North Carolina. I noted you set forth this fact under "Collaborate" for Joseph William Calhoun, Sr.

You entered six of the seven current sources for Joseph William Calhoun, Sr. and none establish a connection with Captain John Calhoun. I did check the Provincial Archives of New Brunswick and North Carolina records, but did not find any sources to show a parent/child connection.

From notes of Patty Calhoun Taylor
I had the opportunity to visit the Family History Library in Salt Lake to read the "Our Calhoun Family", by Orval O. Calhoun (spent several hours) and found no evidence that Capt John had a son named Joseph.

Hoping for additional information to locate and verify parents for Joseph William Calhoun, Sr. born in North Carolina.

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении