Ann Hill (Marshal) - Connections Don't Make Sense

Started by Debbie Gambrell on Thursday, May 6, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 3 posts
5/6/2021 at 11:28 PM

Does anyone have documentation for the parents of this Ann (Marshall) Hill?

She's one of my son's paternal grandmothers. I just noticed that things don't make sense. The profiles show her father born in Ireland and immigrated to Virginia. Her mother's profile shows she was born in Virginia. Neither parents is shown having been in England and yet this Ann's profile shows she was born in England. Her siblings that I've looked at were born in Virginia.

I Googled and couldn't find anything at all on this Ann other than this Geni profile, and there's no source for the info in her About section.

At this point, I'm skeptical that this Ann is connected to the correct family. If she's not, that would also explain the fact that the parents she's connected to have another daughter named Ann who married Henry Applewhite. Anytime I see two siblings with the same name it raises the question whether those parents truly had two children with the same name. Sometimes they did, but it's a good reason to document them.

The only way it makes sense for this Ann to be connected to this family is:

1) she wasn't actually born in England
2) it can be documented that the parents she's connected to had two daughters named Ann

Otherwise, I think it would be best to disconnect her from unproven connections until some supporting documentation can be put into her profile. I'm concerned that her connections are possibly giving false pathways.

Thanks.

5/6/2021 at 11:31 PM

Also, both her husband and her son Richard were born in England. Her son Richard's profile shows he was born and died in England. It doesn't 'seem like' his mother ever came to America.

Richard Hill, Sr

5/6/2021 at 11:57 PM

Ann's husband, John, father of their son Richard is listed on his profile as dying March 12, 1675, Virginia.

However, the My Heritage 'sources' show that he died July 21 1646 - London, England or Virginia

Those are widely differing dates of date and it seems clear no one is certain where he or Ann died. It almost seems that they've been given the place of death as Virginia to make them fit into the Marshall family in Virginia, none of whom came directly from England.

John Hill, Jr.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion