Started by Livio Scremin on Monday, May 17, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 4 posts
5/17/2021 at 8:21 AM

Primary Source:
-http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/ARAGON%20&%20CATALONIA.htm#Jaim...

Infante don JAIME de Aragón, son of PEDRO II King of Aragon & his wife Marie de Montpellier (Montpellier 1 Feb 1208-Valencia 27 Jul 1276, bur Poblet, monastery of Nuestra Señora). The Crónica de San Juan de la Peña names "Jaime" as son of Pedro II King of Aragon and his wife "la filla del noble princep Don Guillem de Montpeller…Maria, nieta del Emperador de Costantin noble"[367]. The Chronicle of Ramon Muntaner names "Jacques…roi d´Arragon…fils [de] Pierre roi d´Arragon et de…madame Marie de Montpellier"[368]. The Chronicle of Alberic de Trois-Fontaines names "rex Iacobus Arragonensis" as son of "rege Petro Arragonum" & his wife[369]. The Thalamus de Montpellier records the birth 1 Feb 1207 (probably O.S.) of "Jacme rei dAragon lo fill de la regina dona de Montpellier"[370]. A "Chronique en Languedocien, tirée du cartulaire de Raymond le Jeune comte de Toulouse" records the birth in 1208 of "Jacmes Peire reis d´Arago"[371]. His father gave him into the custody of Simon de Montfort, who governed Béziers and Carcassonne in the King of Aragon’s name after their conquest in 1209, at Carcassonne. He succeeded his father in 1213 as JAIME I "el Conquistador" King of Aragon, Conde de Barcelona, Gerona, Osona, Besalú, Comte de Cerdagne/Cerdaña et de Roussillon. After his release from Carcassonne and return to Catalonia was negotiated, the Templars of Monzón took charge of him, with his great uncle Sancho acting as Regent. He conquered Mallorca from the Moors, the city of Mallorca falling 31 Dec 1229 after a prolonged siege. The Chronicle of Narbonne Saint-Paul records that "insula Majoricarum" was captured in 1230 by "dominum Jacobum"[372]. He proclaimed himself King of Mallorca 1230, deposing the wali Abu Yahya Hiqem. He launched the conquest of Valencia from Monzón Oct 1236, the city finally surrendering to a siege 28 Sep 1238. Proclaimed King of Valencia 1238. The Moors of Alicante offered to submit to him 1240, but Jaime refused on the grounds of his agreements with the King of Castile. He renounced all his rights in Occitania (except Montpellier and the Carladès) by the treaty of Corbeil May 1258 with Louis IX King of France. He besieged and captured Murcia Jan 1266, before turning the city over to Castile. He recorded the events of his life in his Book of Deeds (“Llibre dels feyts”). The testament of "Jac. Reg. Arag. et Maioric. et Valentiæ…Comitis Barchinonæ et Urgelli, et Domini Montpessulani" was published at Perpignan 28 Sep 1299 on behalf of "Jacobo…Rege Majorie, comite Rossilionis et Ceritanuæ ac domino Montispessulani" at the request of "Henrici…Comitis Rutenensis", with the seals of "domini Petri bonæ memoriæ et…domini Jacobi fratris sui"[373]. Under this testament, the king bequeathed the kingdoms of Aragon and Valencia, the county of Barcelona to "Infanti Petro filio nostro", the kingdom of Mallorca and Menorca, the lordship of Montpellier, "Comitatum Rossilionis et Cauquoliberum et…Conflent et comitatum Ceritaniæ et Vallem Aspirii" to "Infanti Jacobo filio nostro". Under the testament of "Jacobus…Rex Aragoniæ, Majoricarum et Valenciæ, Comes Barchinonæ et Urgelli, et Dominus Montispessulani", dated 26 Aug 1272, the king made bequests to "filius noster Infans Jacobus…filium nostrum primogenitum Infantem P…filiam nostram Domnam Yolant…filios…Philippi…Regis Franciæ et Domnæ Elizabet bonæ memoriæ Regina Franciæ filiæ nostræ, nepotes nostras…filios nostros Jacobum et Petrum quos legitime…ex Domna Teresia Ægidii de Bidaure…filios Infantis Domnæ Constantiæ quondam filiæ nostræ et Infantis domini Emanuelis fratris…Regis Castellæ, nepotes nostros"[374]. The Crónica de San Juan de la Peña records the death 3 Jul 1276 of King Jaime aged 72 and his burial "cerca el altar de Senyora Santa Maria en la Seu de Valencia"[375]. The Chronicle of Ramon Muntaner records the death "6 Jul 1276" of "le roi Jacques" and his burial at Poblet[376].

Betrothed (1209) to AUREMBIAIX Ctss de Urgel, daughter and heiress of ARMENGOL VIII Conde de Urgel & his wife Elvira Núñez de Luna ([1196][377]-Balaguer Aug 1231, bur San Hilario de Lérida). ... ...

m firstly (Agreda 6 Feb 1221, separated end Apr 1229 on grounds of consanguinity) Infanta doña LEONOR de Castilla, daughter of ALFONSO VIII “el Noble” King of Castile & his wife Eleanor of England ([1202]-Burgos 1244, bur monastery of Santa María la Real at Las Huelgas). ... ...

m secondly (Barcelona 8 Sep 1235) IOLANDA of Hungary, daughter of ANDRÁS II King of Hungary & his second wife Yolande de Courtenay ([1215]-Huesca 12 Oct 1251). ... ...

m thirdly (in secret) TERESA Gil de Vidaure, daughter of JUAN de Vidaure & his wife ...

(5 Mistress)

5/22/2021 at 8:51 AM

Iolanda of Hungary King James second Wife, Is my Great Grandmother. King James is My Grandfather as is Arpad Hazi Andras, King of Hungary and other Realms.

5/25/2021 at 8:14 AM

Hey Liv! I am real busy this month's end and the beginning of June. Thanks for all the good
information about King James!! Is He your Grand Father as well??
Will talk more in a week or two. I got to go now. Later Buddy!
With Sentiments of Highest Esteem, I Remain, BB

5/25/2021 at 9:10 AM

Bernie Johnson don't worry, up here in the early Middle Ages, characters of this caliber, as you can very well see from his statistics: he is the grandfather of more than 10 thousand people, plus you.

I quickly left the primary sources here, since I had to look for its, orienting myself to solve some small mess nearby..

If an active (C) who reads wants, if he likes contact me I will clean up the info about decently
[1 selective copy-paste of wikipedia only (NOT 3-4:), then the primary sources, and something else interesting by users, but not 3-4 generic copy-paste of the same wikipedia without formatting, and also with contextual menus! LOL :]

Berny don't worry!
..If someone (C) wants to contact me .. (maybe with a little synchronization the profile could remain unlocked only for a few minutes;)

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion