Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts
Private User
7/17/2021 at 3:34 PM

That last merge was bad, mixing two different Sarahs from two different generations of parents. The undo tool seems to be not available, so I am going to disconnect the 1680s false parents, Adrian Onderdonk and Sarah Onderdonk (Snedeker).

The other Sarah already has an existing profile with her husband, Abraham Joris Brinkerhoff and children attached, so this bad merge will not pose any real problems, once I disconnect the false parents.

This profile should only be Sarah Hansen, not Sarah Brinkerhoff. Please be more careful to check relationship conflicts before merging.

Private User
7/17/2021 at 3:51 PM

Never mind, it looks like Sarah really did have the two husbands.

She married Davidt Reyers Hanse on 24 August 1753, in Tappan, Orangetown, Rockland, New York, United States. They were the parents of at least 1 son and 3 daughters.

https://ancestors.familysearch.org/en/L693-6FL/sarah-onderdonk-1727

Then Daivd must have died young, because Sarah then married April 22, 1764 at Age 37 to a younger man, Abraham Brinkerhoff in Queens County, New York.

But I am going to study it some more, before merging the two Sarahs.

Private User
7/17/2021 at 4:45 PM

I was able to resolve her identity as the Sara born 1734, Daughter of Andries A. Onderdonk and Marretje Onderdonk (Remsen) of Tappan.

So she is definitely NOT the Sarah b. 1737 who married Brinkerhoff, nor is she the daughter of Nieltje (Snedeker) Birth: 1753 and Adrian Onderdonk, who were born much too late to be her parents, since she married Davidt Reyers Hanse on 24 August 1753, in Tappan, Orangetown, Rockland, New York.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion