Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 2 posts
Private User
8/20/2021 at 10:15 AM

Pauline and Dave took turns coming to Boston every few years, staying for several weeks. Pauline's visits were always very memorable because of all the kitchen activities, sheets of dough drying to become lukshen and lots of rising challah. I remember a discussion that one of those trips was the first time she ever flew. Pauline had already arrived in Boston for my wedding when Rachel died. Scott immediately drove her to the airport, on the ride she told him that she didn't think Scott and I loved each other. We know that Pauline's father was a Zionist, as his will included Israeli charities.

Private User
8/20/2021 at 10:29 AM

To the best of my knowledge Dave never traveled. Pauline went to Rochester once to go to the Mayo Clinic, but I think it may have been before I was born and I have no idea why. There is also one picture of her very dressed up in what I assumed was New York City, I believe when she was Probably in her 30s or 40s. I can only speculate that when my mom and Dodo went to school there, she went out once to visit.

Dad says when mom would come home from New York to visit she would always take the train so it took several days of travel time

I did at one point find a boarding pass that Simon had saved - I think for a trip to Toronto.

That said, I do know that Pauline had interest in Israel.But even when we went over to visit Delia on kibbutz, she did not come ( though Dave may have required her care by then - circ 1973)

But I know that among the things in the house there was a leather photo album that said “Palestine “ And some old postcards of Jews in Jerusalem. Fir some reason I though they belonged to Pauline, not my mom. I’m not sure what became of them but I can look around and see if I can find them and send you photos

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion