Correct procedure?

Started by Private User on Tuesday, August 24, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 6 posts
Private User
8/24/2021 at 8:59 PM

My opinion conflicts with that of another subscriber, so I would like an experienced curator to advise me on the following issue.

If a male's birth surname is changed to to something else, how should that information be correctly displayed on his Geni profile?

Regards Roy

Private User
8/25/2021 at 4:27 AM

The one you have documentation on, - if nordic profiles be aware of the fact that many use farm names as last names even if there is absolutely no documentation telling that. Even worse id the profile is missing residence information

Private User
8/25/2021 at 4:35 AM

My problem is with Hungarian birth surnames which have supporting documents to confirm the alternative has been officially registered
Roy

Private User
8/31/2021 at 3:55 AM

Almost a week has gone by and no one has submitted an answer.
Perhaps curators don't know either!
Roy

9/1/2021 at 7:56 AM

Maybe I'm assuming wrong, but this sounds like just using the birth surname and last name field for the male would work ?

Private User
9/1/2021 at 11:52 AM

Thanks J C K, because that is what I have been doing, whereas a colleague continually presents the first and changed names in the last name field only separated by a hyphen.
I contend his recording is incorrect for it appears as if the individual lived their entire lives with an aristocratic double barreled hyphenated surname, which is not the case.

I had hoped a senior curator would have offered experienced guidance on this, but perhaps my concern got overlooked.
Roy

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion