Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 2 posts
Private User
8/30/2021 at 2:22 PM

Remmet Tromp is at times documented to be "Remmert". However, the death certificate, which I added to the profile on August 30, 2021, spells the first name without the second "r". It also lists all 4 spouses, including Grietje Nool. I would like to merge these profiles.

There are several profiles with the name Remmet Tromp, I don't know which link is the correct one (the date of birth would be Jan. 30, 1811):
* Remmet Tromp
* Remmet Tromp
* Remmet Tromp
* Remmet Tromp

Please let me know of any sources which would indicate that merging these profiles is not appropriate. Both have the same birth date and the same spouse.

Regards,

Marianne Tromp

Private User
9/3/2021 at 7:56 AM

I have learned a better way to link to profiles within geni.com. I have been very involved in working with Remmet Tromp who is my second great grandfather. He had 4 wives and many children. In the records, he is sometimes referred to as Remmert. I have added in the Also Known As field. I have used Remmet as the main name for two reasons: his death record names Remmet; and his maternal grandfather was Remmet Stolp

There are two other profiles for this individual on geni.com. Both have the first name listed as Remmert.

Remmet Tromp was added with a relationship to his second wife and lists his son, Pieter, and his wives. This tree will be easy to merge there are few members.

Remmet Tromp was added with a relationship to his first wife. It lists a daughter and her descendants. This tree should also be easy to merge because the daughter has not been added to the tree that I have been maintaining.

I have contacted the managers of both the Remmert Tromps that I found in geni.com and asked them to consider merging with the Remmet Tromp (b. 1811) that I have linked to at the beginning of this message.

I will wait another week or two for their reply.

Regards,

Marianne

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion