Irén Gábor (Rosenfeld) - Feri & Eva Beretvás

Started by Edward John Riesz on Friday, September 3, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
9/3/2021 at 5:16 AM

Feri & Eva Beretvás were at least friends of my Father and Grandmother Janos Riesz and Anna Riesz (Schwimmer) 1889 - 1960 born Budapest and I am trying to find out if and how they are related to my family. I have some pictures of them some of which predate WW2.

There was also a Jozsef Gabor who I think is a relative whom my Grandmother visited in the 1930's and from memory a Iren Gabor.

You can contact me at triesz@grapevine.com.au

Regards
Edward Riesz
Canberra
Australia

Private User
9/3/2021 at 6:16 AM

Re https://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000053929286866

If they were just close friends, it is most unlikely for you to prove a tie using the public archives.
The best you can hope for is them appearing on documents as witnesses to a marriage or as god parents to a baptism.

If you feel they could be related in some way however, it is a worthwhile task to further extend both their family tree and yours to see if the two ancestries eventually coincide.

Regards Roy

Private User
9/3/2021 at 7:07 AM

Post script
I could not find your tree, so started another, and only later found your duplicate.
It transpires that you have listed Anna and her ancestors as Netti Schimmer and not SchWimmer.
Can you confirm that she and they were all Schwimmers?
Roy

11/3/2021 at 12:17 AM

I found the link between Irén Gábor (Rosenfeld) and my Grandmother Anna Riesz (born Schwimmer) after I found a death notice for Gábor / Gabriel Langráf, who died on 11 Apr 1900, in a local Papa newspaper. Gabriel Langráf,proved to be the missing link as follows.

Jakob (Jakab) Spitzer b c1818 Komarom m Maria (Mari) Klein b c 1818 Isztimer (NW Fejer county) and had a number of children including Katharina Spitzer, who was my grandmother's grandmother, and Rozália Spitzer who married Gabriel Langráf. This later marriage produced Teréz / Terezia Langraf. Terezia Langraf married Sámuel Rosenfeld and Irén Gábor (Rosenfeld) was their daughter.

I found the death notice by searching the archives in the Hungarian National Library.

Private User
11/3/2021 at 9:23 AM

Congratulations on your find. It looks as though you have cracked it.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion