Colonel Thomas James Polk - Needs Correction

Started by Debbie Gambrell on Saturday, September 11, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

9/11/2021 at 10:21 AM

These are kin of my son's on his paternal side. I was tracing a line and ran into their being two sons named Thomas for father Charles Polk. I know sometimes parents did name two children the same but it's always worth double-checking to be sure.

Reading these notes in the About section indicates there is misinformaton for this profile:

"The above information is WRONG: this information belongs to Col. Thomas Jefferson Polk's uncle, General Thomas Polk of Mecklenburg, NC.. The marker at Polk Mountain at the Col. Thomas Polk's cemetery was placed there C.1955 and the information inscribed on the stone is referring to General Thomas Polk.. Col. Thomas Polk's Uncle. I have researched this for years and the pictures posted are mine.

Col Thomas Jefferson Polk had no rank in the Revolutionary War. He supplied material, troops and money to his Uncle General Thomas Polk. He received the title Col. after the war while he was serving in the militia. The title Col. was an honorary title most of his life.

Bobbie Johnson"

Thanks in advance for any corrections to the Geni pathways correct.

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion