Richard Rice Leonard - Origins?

Started by Erica Howton on Tuesday, September 21, 2021
Showing all 4 posts
9/21/2021 at 4:32 PM

Can we confirm that he’s in this Leonard family?

Géza Vas(Schwarcz) Had as Solomon’s son, not brother.

9/21/2021 at 5:56 PM

Hi.:)

All the sourches I have found are mostly on myheritage trees. The quastion is who was Richard's father really. In most of the myheritage sources Richard is Solomon's son, so Samuel is his grandfather. This is why his birthdate varies between 1626 and 1640, cause it's not clear if Samuel or Solomon was his father. On this geni tree it's Samuel. I'm sure you've had more researches about Richard's. origins.
I've just found Samue's parent. I wrote to the curator his locked father's profile to get in contact with you. Here's Samuel's father: Sir Samuel Lennard, Kt., MP
The sources I've found about Samuel's parental line are also from myheritage trees.
Please check it out.

Thank you for you asistance Erika,

Bests regards, Géza.

9/21/2021 at 7:07 PM

Probably, Sir Samuel Lennard, Kt., MP was not related.

People who went to America were not usually so grand as this family.

9/21/2021 at 7:21 PM

No wonder you were having trouble! Rice (not really Richard) Leonard does not seem to be related to Solomon Leonard at all.

I’ve disconnected as his son / brother.

From https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Leonard-3379

Disputed Parents: Rice is sometimes named as son of Solomon Leonard. However, it is clear that Rice was born 1630 ish or earlier from the fact that he was married in 1651. Even though there is no firm date for the marriage of Solomon and his wife, Rice was born some 13 years prior to Solomon's other children. In the settlement of Solomon's estate, Samuel (not Rice) was called the eldest son.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion