Mary Hicks (Harris) - Consistency Check:

Started by Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087 on Monday, October 4, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts
10/4/2021 at 5:14 PM

Consistency Check:

David Harris born after the death of his father David Harris.

David Harris born after the death of his mother Jane Harris (Harrison).

Awaiting UNmerges

10/6/2021 at 11:16 AM

I’m not sure what undo merge is needed.

I agree this Mary Hicks is not proven to her parents but I don’t know that she’s disproven, either. All I can tell you is what I see on Geni.

Look at her husbands side for further research efforts.

I see:

—-

https://www.geni.com/discussions/236053?msg=1496871

Look at Goochland County Virginia Deed Book 10, pp. 242-243. In the Will, john Hicks named his wife Mary, son John Hicks, Jr., Meshack Hicks, David Hicks, William (Randolph) Hicks, Moses Hicks, Harris Hicks, Shadrack Hicks, Susanna Adams, Cary Clark, Mary (Elizabeth) Hicks. John Hicks wife was Mary Harrison, daughter of Colonel Benjamin Harrison of Brunswick County, Virginia, Benjamin Harrison left a will but in Brunswick County, someone changed the name of Mary to Nancy who was actually the daughter of Meshack Hicks. This will was discredited. Lyon G. Tyler's "William & Mary Quarterly Magazine" published Benjamin Harrison as originally found in Charles City County. In this will, John Hicks wife is named'. The only problem was that Tyler mixed up the husbands of Rebecca Hicks who married Robert Hicks, with that of Mary Hicks, who married John Hicks. Benjamin Harrison, died 1790, named all his children and to whom the daughters married. (William & Mary Quarterly Magazine, vol. 18, 1909-10, pp.62-63.

10/6/2021 at 2:33 PM

Erica Howton thank you for the assistance.

The unmerges should all have been done from the Curator Please Help discussion but it took several days and several curators because they appeared to be good merges but when I found them, I was looking from another angle and knew they were not correct. Was part of a Gedcom problem and over the past several days, much of the trouble has been rectified.

I know there is mention of a will. And there was a Rev War soldier who was born in England so he is without parents now.

I am just now seeing this from you so let me catch up

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion