Elchanon Kukla - This appears to be a fake profile

Started by Geoffrey Sea on Sunday, October 10, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 13 posts
10/10/2021 at 4:31 AM

There appears to be no evidence for such a person. What is the documentation that this person existed?

10/10/2021 at 11:31 AM

This is a nasty bitter personal vendetta. Please stay away from my Kukla family and go and be a nuisance somewhere else.

10/12/2021 at 9:20 AM

Ian Geoffrey Levine this is a shared tree. If you have no evidence, this profile will be deleted.

10/12/2021 at 9:25 AM

Private User - you created a duplicate that was merged into this profile. Do you have any sources? Where did yours come from?

10/12/2021 at 9:26 AM

If you take what Geoffrey Sea says, when there are thousands of trees referencing Rabbinical records including these names, then you should be ashamed of yourself. and I will express my anger very very vociferously

10/12/2021 at 9:46 AM

Ian Geoffrey Levine -- you say there are thousands of references to rabbinical records that support the existence of Elchanon Kukla. Show one of those records. And was Elchanon Kukla a rabbi? You've never said he was a rabbi. Why would there be rabbinical records for a person who was not a rabbi?

Private User
10/12/2021 at 11:47 AM

Mike Stangel My source was probably a MyHeritage tree. His profile can be found in about 100 trees there.

10/12/2021 at 6:53 PM

Geoffrey Sea. Let’s see your tree. All you want to do is stir up trouble. You have no solutions or suggestions. You have no tree built. As I stated before many profiles could be deleted by your standard. Move along and build your tree. If you don’t like the information do not use it.

10/14/2021 at 11:44 AM

Michael Golden this is a shared, collaborative tree. It's a fair question to ask how a person knows that the information they've added is accurate.

10/14/2021 at 12:13 PM

Mike, many of these names have been passed down through generations and also collaborating with hundreds of other relatives who also confirm this individual. Look on MyHeritage family trees and the exact same individual is listed on over 100 trees. Please do not delete this profile. In doing so, you might as well delete all of the pre-1800 profiles on Geni.

10/14/2021 at 12:22 PM

Mike,

Thank you for your email. I do understand the tree is a collaborative tree. Being that it is a collaborative tree it is interesting to me to you are taking the side of Geoffrey Sea with out speaking to the thousands of people who are connected to the profiles in question. It is also interesting that Geoffrey Sea claims that Geni.com reached out to him to question many profiles that do not have sources attached to them. On this collaborative tree there are many many profiles with no sources. Have you tracked the DNA trail for the files in question? Have you spoken to the people who have the profiles in there tress (approximately 700)? On the outside it looks like you are siding with Geoffrey Sea who joined Geni.com in June and had not created a tree. He just fires out accusations no facts on his side. He has stated he does not like that some older profiles have pictures attached. Well don’t use the pictures, you don’t like the information don’t use the information. Why do you think someone would go through the trouble to make a “fake” profile? What is the gain? I am surprised you are so quick to side with one side against the other.

10/14/2021 at 4:50 PM

Michael Golden I'm not "taking sides" and we did not reach out to Mr. Sea. He contacted one of our curators asking what was the process for getting to the bottom of profiles that he believes are incorrect. That curator forwarded the message to me. I gave him the same reply I give everyone -- start a discussion and ask! We all benefit from having properly-sourced profiles. If you can't give any evidence for the people you've added, who's to believe they are accurate? If someone were to add Robin Hood as your 8th great grandfather, wouldn't you question that?

Have you tracked the DNA trail for the files in question? Have you spoken to the people who have the profiles in there tress (approximately 700)?

That's exactly what this discussion is about! I don't have that information. Do you? Does anyone?

Why do you think someone would go through the trouble to make a “fake” profile? What is the gain?

I will not speculate, though others have.

Private User
10/14/2021 at 9:39 PM

Mike Stangel, you do appear to be taking sides. From what I can see on this posting, you have not done any research to ensure Mr. Sea’s original post is valid on its own merit. He seems to have just caused this annoyance and then disappeared from the postings only to keep stirring the pot. He doesn’t have any proof about his fake accusation. You are giving the perception of bias by “requiring” Ian to have to suddenly prove something that he posted over a year and half ago. Mr, Sea doesn’t have any connection to Elchanon Kukla and has no public tree on geni.com that I can see. However, there five other co-curators of Elchanon’s profile — Barbara Rubinstein, Yoseph (Yossi) Rusinek, Leah Michelle Goldman and Ryan Lesnick. They obviously support Ian’s research if they are also co-managers of Elchanon’s profile.

Plus, the rest of Ian’s large tree is proof enough because you can see the connections to thousands of other ancestors on the tree, Mr Sea is one person who is not even on the tree. I think you should equally challenge Mr Sea in the same manner to prove his claim of this person being fake. Ask him to provide proof of the correct ancestor’s name if it is not Elchanon, That would logically assume that if Elchanon is not correct, he should be able to prove who the correct person is. Finally, to prove my point, I would simply ask you to try the same exercise on your public tree. I just checked your public tree and picked an ancestor at random — Reverend Benjamin Kimsey I — please now prove that his profile is not fake.

If you can do that, then I can pick 20 more at random, just like Mr Sea did and keep asking you to show you how silly that request is. Also, where on the rules of using geni.com does it state that an ancestor’s profile must have a paper document of proof before it can be added?

Showing all 13 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion