Started by Private User on Monday, November 1, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Private User
11/1/2021 at 7:18 AM

There are a few/several minor mistakes on the attached and official death record from Florida, but there is a critical mass of information from the document that informs the genealogical validity that this is, in fact, the persona of "Myrtle Eaton Potter."

Although other sources show Myrtle's birthdate as 21 Mar 1880, her attached death record from Florida shows 21 March 1879. Her gravestone shows 1880 (no day or month shown on the gravestone). Thus, the date on her death record is shown for the death date for my genealogical purposes.

Her mother on the attached death record is listed as "Martha Perkins," but "Martha A. Perkins" is actually her grandmother via other sources. Her actual mother via other sources is "Martha G. Hayes." Thus, will use Martha Hayes as mother and consider this to be a mistake by Glenn Potter, who informed on the death record documentation.

Myrtle's name on the attached death record is "Myrtie," but from various sources it is shown as "Myrtle." Thus, I used Myrtle for this record, and there are other variations of her first name out there as well that I have ignored.

Her father on the attached death record is shown as "Seamer Eaton," where various sources show the official name of "Seymour Sylvester Eaton." The official name is used by me elsewhere.

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion