Started by Private User on today
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro
Private User
Today at 1:27 AM

Hello, my fellow Curators!

Some of you have names+lasst names, that are, if I entered into GENI search, showing two... five... or even more exact matches, each directing to an active user in the GENI system. It seems to me that this measure (being undistinguishable) is protecting you from being contacted. I hope I'm wrong. I have problems sometimes when creating messages to curators, or inviting curators to join a project, I'm never sure: who is going to get that message or invitation.

My suggestion: please make your name-surname unique. Maybe you can add a middle name - if it is unique? Or a (Curator) after the surname - I've seen that. Or I've seen someone have a Copyright symbol added after the last name: Ⓒ - to do this, press Compose Key and then press OC (it's not “zero C”, it's letter O and then letter C).

Then please enter your name into the GENI search and see how many exact matches are there, please make sure that you are unique.

Any other suggestions are welcome. Also, I think, maybe GENI Administration can give an opinion/suggestion on this topic. Maybe we, Curators, all should follow one standard?

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion