Started by Private User on today
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Private User
Today at 12:30 AM

I tried did some research. I wish I had breaking good news tell. Alas! I'll say two things other's may not say but have probably thought:
A. The alleged MP connectivity to a supposed "N.N. la Zouche" is insupportable.
B. The existence of the MP "N.N. la Zouche" webpage is incompatible with legitimate genealogy research.

Consider 8 points:
1. An extensive search of FMG indicates that there are more iffy child-to-parent relationships which are presently linked as children of Eon (Eudo). No legitimate source shows Eudo married a second second time, and none mention a mistress.

2.. "The Complete Peerage" Vol. 12 Pt. 2 mentions only William as a child of Eudo and Millicent, though the source is not without flaws.of omission.

3.."The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215:..." is a book I don't own. However, one can see a few words showing on the Google Books searc page:
"FOUND INSIDE – PAGE 78 ... KNT . , 2nd Lord Poyntz , b . c . 1278 , d . bef . 12 Jul 1311 , M.P. , 1308-1311 ; m . ( 1 ) as a boy , bef . 20 Jan. 1287/8 , Elizabeth , dau . of EUDO la ZOUCHE , of Harringworth ( 74-4 ) and MILICENT CANTELOU ..."
https://www.google.com/search?q=%22Eudo+la+zouche%22+harringworth&a...

4. An auto-translation of relevant matter from Deutsche Wikipedia, which cites the online DNB as a source, states this about Eudo:
( https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eudo_de_la_Zouche )
"In 1268 he married Millicent († 1299), widow of John de Montalt and daughter of William de Cantilupe and Eva de Briouze. She became joint heir to her childless brother George de Cantilupe in 1273 and inherited scattered estates in Ireland and several estates in South West England and the Midlands, including Harringworth in Northamptonshire. From his marriage, Eudo had three daughters and at least two sons, including:
a) William Zouche (c.1277–1352)
b) Eva la Zouche († December 6, 1314) ⚭ Maurice de Berkeley, 2nd Baron Berkeley
c) Elizabeth la Zouche ⚭ Nicholas Poyntz, 2nd Baron Poyntz

5. Two Non-Primary source books show that Eudo had a daughter named Elizabeth, One says she was a daughter of Eudo and Millicent. The other shows Elizabeth la Zouche married to someone other than Oliver de Ingham..

6. The following Non-Primary source source shows Eudo had a daughter named Elizabeth, but she married Sir Nicholas Poyntz. What the next page may say isn't viewable in the online preview.
https://www.google.com/books/edition/Ancestral_Roots_of_Certain_Ame...

7. The "N.N. la Zouche" profile was created August of 2009. It's been almost 13 years since then, and not one primary source validates the fictive N.N. la Zouche.

8. Keeping the Tudor Place URL in the Overview for this profile page probably isn't wise. That website is irresponsible; it seldom cites any source of merit to justify the data it publishes.

Have a wonderful Spring and Summer and stay well!
Ken Shelley

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion