Profile that were Public but now Private

Started by Paul William Double on yesterday
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 4 posts
yesterday at 3:25 PM

I set up several profiles and am the only manager of them. I have modified/updated them previously but for some reason today they appear Private. One example is Rebecca (Bex) Roberts.
Others I have set up are fine.
Could somebody have altered their status without me knowing or approving?
The reason I need to alter Rebeca's profile is to change her family name following marriage..

yesterday at 8:30 PM

Paul William Double you cannot edit Rebecca (Bex) Roberts profile because she has claimed it as her own. Even though she has not logged in to Geni since 2018 no one else can ever edit her profile.

If she is deceased you can Report the profile to Geni as such and they will revert management back to you (as the original creator of her profile) once they have verified.

yesterday at 8:40 PM

Thank you Alex - your advice appreciated. I am guessing, but will confirm with Bex, that she has not realised she has 'claimed' her profile. If she wishes to can she 'unclaim' her profile and, if so, what does she need to do.
Again - my thanks.

yesterday at 8:57 PM

No worries Paul.

The biggest problem, I suspect, will be remembering her password. Once she logs in to Geni she just has to close her account and it would revert to your management, though maybe you could just encourage her to update and maintain it herself?

To close account, access your account settings by clicking on your name in the top right corner of screen. From the account settings menu Close Account is last option in the right hand column.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion