Начала Private User сегодня
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Проекты:

Показаны все сообщения (6)
Private User
Сегодня в 2:56 после полудня

@Erica Howton I'm involved in the Trent Y-DNA project, which has a project participant claiming descent from Thomas Benjamin Trent Based on the results there, Thomas can not be a descendant of Frederick Trent, since their Y DNA doesn't match. Frederick is Group 2 and Thomas is Group 1, which descends from William Alexander Trent BTW William has no known middle name, so we should cut the "Alexander".

The documentation isn't available that would let us trace Thomas Benjamin Trent all the way back to William Trent - there are probably two or three missing generations. But the DNA says that this is where he belongs, and there is no known documentation that could be used to tie him to Frederick Trent instead.

William is shown as the son of Henry Trent, III which is sort of true and sort of false. We believe that William grew up in Henry's household, but the DNA indicates that he is not Henry's biological son. BTW Henry's parents are unknown, and in the past I've tried to get him disconnected from the "ancestors" that are currently shown for him. At present they're still attached, but I would be grateful if they were disconnected and he was given Unknown parents instead. .

Frederick is kind of a murky character and there are some unresolved issues about his wives and exactly who was the mother of his children. There has been a debate about whether there two Fredericks or just one, but the available evidence points toward there being just one. So a while back, I asked that the two Fredericks (both created by me) that were on Geni at the time be merged into just one, which was apparently done. This is the profile that survived the merge: Frederick Trent, Sr. But now it looks like someone has added back the second, unwanted Frederick: Frederick Trent There really is a Frederick Junior, but it isn't this guy. It's this one: Frederick Trent If you're interested in reading about the documentation for Frederick, I have a long article on it here: http://www.littlefeatheredbuddies.com/chzonie/trentfredericks.html There are a lot of internet sites showing "doppelganger Frederick" so locking the profiles is probably the only way to keep people from adding the extra Frederick back to the tree.

But that's not all! Frederick's father Major William Trent was originally shown as a son of William Alexander Trent until the DNA project showed that he couldn't be a biological son. William Trent & Ursula Branch really did have a son named William, who is not currently listed among their children. We don't know if "my" William is from an unrelated family, or if this is another non-paternity event within the same Trent line. But we do know that his father is definitely not the founder of Trenton. The Trent DNA project was originally begun to find out whether the Trents of Varina Parish were related to the founder of Trenton, and the results said there was no connection.

The "fur trader" history that's currently attached to Frederick's father belongs to someone else (maybe the actual son of the founder of Trenton). The children are a mess too; there are people who belong here and people who don't. To prevent future problems, it might be wise to separate the profiles and give "my" William parents named Unknown, or even add him back to William & Ursula as a traditional but non-biological son.

I can split this up into several separate discussions if you want me to. Thanks!

Сегодня в 3:33 после полудня

Also tagging Aaron Furtado Baldwin as he’s been working on the Trent tree. A single discussion is easier, I think.

Сегодня в 3:56 после полудня

Thank you Erica Howton are there track changes here? When Private User brought this up in an email earlier today I looked at it and don't believe I've seen this profile before.

Aaron

Private User
Сегодня в 5:44 после полудня

I just discovered this profile today. Aaron and I have been talking to some Trent experts by email. The conversation isn't over yet, but the message so far is that we don't know who Thomas B's parents were, and that IF his middle initial was actually B then it was more likely to stand for Black or Blake than Benjamin.

There is some speculation that his father may have been named William Trent. There's an article at https://www.genealogy.com/forum/surnames/topics/trent/2993/ talking about the records that we have for Thomas B. In reading the article, it definitely helps if you already know who the major players are, and I don't. But I may have more information on it later.

Private User
Сегодня в 5:54 после полудня

The details of the DNA evidence are probably more than you want to look at. But in case you're interested, I have a discussion of the connections between the different groups at http://www.littlefeatheredbuddies.com/chzonie/trentdna.html and a family tree showing the DNA-tested branches at http://www.littlefeatheredbuddies.com/chzonie/trentfamilytree.html The family tree helped me quickly determine that Thomas B. has been linked to Group 1 (the descendants of William/Ursula)

Private User
Сегодня в 6:22 после полудня

More info on the article at https://www.genealogy.com/forum/surnames/topics/trent/2993/ William and Priscilla are the potential parents of Thomas B, and Archibald, Henry and Milton are potential brothers. The article was written before the DNA project, and at present the DNA project includes descendants of Archibald and Milton, as well as a descendant of Thomas B. The descendant of Archibald is also Group 1, so Archibald and Thomas B could be brothers. The descendant of Milton doesn't match any of the groups, leading to speculation that he might be the illegitimate son of a Trent female.

Показаны все сообщения (6)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении