James Lewis - Parentage of James Lewis

Начал Donald Franklin Colvin вчера
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Проекты:

вчера в 6:02 после полудня

Until recently - James Lewis had been the son of Col. Gideon S. Lewis, Sr. and Nancy Lewis

His About Me notes say - even now - that he was grandson of Col. Robert Lewis, Jr., of Granvil

The local history of Platte County, Missouri by Paxton indicates that there was a connection between the family of James Lewis and Capt. Meriwether Lewis of Lewis and Clark fame...

However - to my knowledge - no one has actually managed to find a primary source or a DNA match between descendants that proves that connection... I will grant that just because I haven't found it - doesn't mean its not out there.... It just means I'd like to know so that we can add the sources to the profile and make it plain...

The local history by Paxton indicates both Lewis familes were fairly recent immigrants from Wales and arrived around the same time period - but that implies that the family connection might have been prior generations back in Wales, not nesscessarily after their arrival in Platte County...

Just for the sake of documention - do any of the managers on these profiles have some sources they could provide - or could we get a call on the play by a curator... I don't mean to sound disagreeable - I'm honestly curious to know what has been uncovered...

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении