Zebulon Cantrell, Sr. - From my inbox:

Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087发起 2022年8月22日(星期一)
Problem with this page?

参加讨论

提及的个人主页

显示全部2条评论
2022年8月22日下午 3:02

Managers of Zebulon Cantrell, Sr.,

I am contacting you about this profile: Zebulon Cantrell, Sr.

This Zebulon Cantrell I believe is mixed up with the Zebulon Cantrell who died before 3 June 1752 in Frederick, VA. His wife was Elizabeth.

My notes and documentation are as follows.

May have died earlier than May, but his estate was inventoried 3 June 1752.
"We subscribe being the persons appointed by the valid order to value and appraise the estate of Zeb. CANTRIL, deceased, and being first sworn before marquisl??? agent have valued unsame? as followeth to:
1 mare and colt ---3--
2 potts and pot hooks 3
1 pewter Bavon? 2/t 1 ??? 2/6
1 gun 20/10some lumber 7/6 176 4169
signed by John Ashly?
Tho. Asley
Ino Wood
SLCFHL Film #003348 pg. 56Inventory of Estate

Probate Bond RECHECK "T" WAS THIS SUPPOSED TO BE "E" Cantril, Linsey, and Maddin
3 Jun 1752
Frederick, Virginia, United States
Index pg. 270 Cantrils, Elizabeth and Zebulon. Entry #1 pg. 41. "Cantrils, Elizabeth, John Linsey and John Maddin-- Bond--3 June 1752 ???3 June 1752?? repeated??) They are bound to George, Wm. Fairfax, JP for Frederick County Virginia for sum of 50 pounds to secure appointment of said Cantrils dec'd. Signed by the same, received by J. Wood CC (circuit court?) Book 2, 35 ((I NEED TO LOOK IN BOOKS 2 & 35?) entry was continued on next page See Inventory FILM 3 0032348

Court Records
'T' OR 'Z' Cantril SLCFHL Film #003348 pg. 56
4 Aug 1752
??a about held for Frederick County, Va on Tues. 4th day of Aug 1752. Elizabeth Cantril having returned into court the appraisment of Estate of Zeb. Cantril decd. the same is admitted to record.

4 Aug 1752 Tuesday 4th of Aug. At court held for Frederick County on Tuesday 4th of Aug. 1752 Elizabeth Cantril returned into Court appraisement of the estate of Zeb. Cantril decd. SLC film #0032348 or Frederick County K Book 975.5992 p2b Vol. 1--Cant.doc066

Inventory of Estate
I believe the TieveT Cantril, Frederick County Virginia Wll Books SLCFHL 975.5992 Abstracts of Frederick Virginia Wills, Inventories, Accounts 1743-1816 by Dee Ann Buck: Will Books 1-9 Index pg. 270.
4 Aug 1752
Cantrils, Elizabeth and Zebulon pg. 41. Entry #1 Cantrils, Elizabeth, John Linsey and John Maddin Bond 3 June 1752. They are bound to George Wlm Fairfax, JP of Frederick, VA for the sum of 50 pounds to secure appointment of said Cantrils (dec'd). Signed by the same. Received by J. Wood, CC. Book 2, 35.
Value of Estate: 4 lbs. 16 shillings; 9 pence for colts and farming utensils. Report taken by Joshn Ashby, Thomas Ashby, and John Wood. Report submitted by Elizabeth Cantrils (Administrator). Book 2, 56 (I Need to find books 2 & 56 maybe it means book 2, pg. 56)

Reference to this found also in 975.5 P22t
--------------
4 Aug. 1752 "Cantrils, Elizabeth and Zebulon pg. 41. Entry #1 Cantrils, Elizabeth, John Linsey and John Maddin Bond 3 June 1752. They are bound to George Wlm Fairfax, JP of Frederick, VA for the sum of 50 pounds to secure appointment of said Cantrils (dec'd). Signed by the same. Received by J. Wood, CC. Book 2, 35. Value of Estate: 4 lbs. 16 shillings; 9 pence for colts and farming utensils. Report taken by Joshn Ashby, Thomas Ashby, and John Wood. Report submitted by Elizabeth Cantrils (Administrator). Book 2, 56 (I Need to find books 2 & 56 maybe it means book 2, pg. 56) NOTE HOW THEY SPELLED THE LAST NAME Reference to this found also in 975.5 P22t SLC Library. Frederick County Virginia Wll Books SLCFHL 975.5992 Abstracts of Frederick Virginia Wills, Inventories, Accounts 1743-1816 by Dee Ann Buck: Will Books 1-9 Index pg. 270.

I "hypothesize" but cannot fully document, that Christopher Cantrell b.(1751) was a child of this Zebulon d. 1752. I strongly "hypothesize" that Joshual Catrell b. 1748 d. 1800
was also a brother. Other possible syblngs were: Zebulon b. 1743, possibly a William, and a John b. 1750? These Cantrells seem to be in the same area. Migration patterns, naming patterns, etc. seem to be more consistent.

Elizabeth could have been a 2nd wife.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

K

2022年8月22日下午10:26

K, or Cynthia,

My more recently updated work is on Ancestry.com: Goss - JC's Family Tree. It is by no means complete and is full of rough spots. Since I added Sarah Miles (Cantrell) to Geni in 2011, I have made several correction/changes on my Ancestry.com Tree. Changes that I think are more likely but I can't say they are "proven".

I relate to a Zebulon Cantrell by way of his daughter "Sarah Cantral" who married David Miles July 1756, for documentation of this there is a three hundred pound marriage bond posted 5 July 1756. In 1765 David and Sarah Miles had a daughter, Margaret Miles who married Jonathan Welton and they are one set of my 4th great grandparents. Margaret and Jonathan Welton moved from Virginia about 1800 to Indiana Territory, Knox County near Vincennes and had a great granddaughter, Amanda who married my great grandfather, Joseph Hussey Goss in 1873. One of her wedding presents was a large cherry clothes press which now sits in my dinning room.

"My Zebulon Cantrell" was a grandson of Jane Jones (and mentioned in her will) by way of Dorothy Jones who married Richard Cantrell the rumored 1st brick maker and mason in Philadelphia. My weakest link is just to whom Zebulon Cantrell married and thus whose womb carried the Sarah Cantrell that married David Miles?

While I am reasonably confident that I have the right names in the right order (excepting Zebulon's wife) all the way back to my 7th GGP Richard & Dorothy (Jones) Cantrell, it is nearly certain that I have conflated several dates and documentation with others carrying similar call names.

I very much appreciate your efforts to straighten this all out. I spent several hours tonight reviewing my Miles and Cantrell's. I regret I have no solutions. There is a website you should visit (or revisit). It is a compilation of Cantrell Family History including facts and speculation:

https://cantrellhistory.wordpress.com/2013/05/06/ellis-emmanuel-jones/

Best wishes,
Jan C Goss
jangoss@mac.com

显示全部2条评论

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion