Начал Private User сегодня
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

• Private User
    Geni member

Упомянутые профили:

Private User
Сегодня в 4:33 до полудня

I’ve created a monster by carelessly completing some bad merges during July 2020.

I had exist profile “Leon Dale Jewell b1875 Iowa” with parents John Henry & Mary Lucretia Jewell. Looking back, I believe now that I had misread data from records when input and have since proved that tha name should have been “GLEN DALE JEWELL”

A1::
However, first of my bad merges occurred when I merged another members profile “LEON DAVID JEWELL 1890/1926” into my existing profile “LEON DALE JEWELL 1895/1926”. Looking at merge review there were many signs of mismatched data and I should not have allowed merge to proceed (certainly wouldn’t currently given more experienced) without further research etc.
Note;;;;; *Leon David Jewell biological parents are Charles Henry & Cora Jewell
*Glen Dale Jewell biological parents are John Henry & Mary Lucretia Jewell, I have now entered new profile for Glen

The merge of Leon created a duplicate parent situation that led to further bad merges (handled poorly) as follows:

B1;; CHARLES HENRY JEWELL 1864/1917 merged into JOHN HENRY JEWELL 1863/1947
B2;; CORA BRANCH 1869/1958 merged into MARY LUCRETIA WELLS 1875/1943

Both sets of parents have extensive ancestor/descendant
* John H Jewell is son of John & Johanna Jewell
* Charles H Jewell is son of David & Julia Ann Jewell

Their Parents;
C1;; DAVID JEWELL 1825/1899 merged into JOHN JEWELL 1842/1922
C2;; JULIA ANN McNARY 1829/1902 merged into JOHANNA RICHARDS 1820/1900

Neither John or David Jewell have ancestors noted
Johanna currently has duplicate parents (correctly as John & Grace Richards and incorrectly as Daniel & Nancy McNary.

My family groups should be;

JOHN & JOHANNA JEWELL (9 children)
Thomas,1864, John 1863, Elizabeth 1864, Ida 1866, Amelia 1867, Frances 1869, Priscilla 1870, William 1873 & Walter 1878.

NOTE; Barton David Jewell 1854 is not related and is sone of Charles & Julia Jewell and will need be checked he moves with a successful demerger.

JOHN HENRY & MARY LUCRETIA JEWELL (7 children)
Glen 1895, Clair 1898, Harold 1902, Rita 1905, William 1908, Priscilla 191 & Eva 1914

NOTE;; Leon 1895, Roy 1888, Earl 1896 & Merle 1896 are not related and all children of Charles Henry & Julia Ann Jewell and will need be checked they move with a successful demerger.

I have removed myself from most profiles linked to Charles & Julia Jewell and will look to me move manager roles from others with demerger.

To assist, I have additionally input a number of sources (census particularly) across affected profiles under this demerger request.

I have no idea of best way to effect demerges and other related matters that may be applicable, but have thought that maybe start demerge process with group C then B and A.

Many thanks in anticipation that you will be able to correct my bad merges

Brian

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении