Alexander Forrest - Evidence of Parentage

Начала Leandra Ford среда, 26 октября 2022
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

26.10.2022 в 4:09 после полудня

What information exists to identify the parents of this Alexander Forrest as William Forrest and Betsy Brounlie?

There were several men named Alexander Forrest living at this time in the Lanarkshire area. My attempts to research them indicates that numerous baptism and marriage records are not available online. One reason why there may be no records at all is due to Scotland allowing irregular marriage, where a couple could simply declare their relationship in front of friends. The church didn't like this, and often would not baptise their children until the couple married within the church. This Alexander and his wife Janet Maxwell were a case in point. They appeared before the Kirk and were disciplined. There are delays in the baptisms of some of their children, and some of their children have no record of baptism at all.

I am unaware of any record that exists online of this Alexander Forrest, that indicates where he was born, when he was born and who his parents were.

Several years ago a cousin obtained a microfilm from the Mormon church and transcribed all the information for Forrests that she could find. She found a record for an Alexander Forrest born at Uddingston on 27 Dec 1776 to Alexander Forrest and Janet Eglinton. The church is no longer hiring out the microfilms and this film has not yet been converted to digital images for viewing online, so I cannot verify that.

The name Eglinton has carried through the descendants of Alexander's daughter Jane, and her husband Robert Summers, the descendants of Alexander's daughter Janet and her husband Alexander Ross, the descendants of Alexander's daughter Mary and her husband James Snodgrass, and the descendants of Alexander's son Alexander and his wife Agnes Crosbie,

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении