William Wilcoxson, of Stratford - Two Sources: Possibly iffy?

Начал Private User сегодня
Показаны все сообщения (3)
Private User
Сегодня в 6:49 после полудня

I'm shelving two sources I found for now. Neither provides images of original documents. Nevertheless, here's what they show:

Name: Wiliam Wilcockson
State: CT
County: Fairfield County
Township: Stratford
Year: 1655
* [Apparently, William may well have been alive in 1655. He did not have a son he named William. Of his sons, two non MP sons – John and Joseph – show sons named William: b. 1661 and b. 1671. Samuel's son Sgt. William Wilcoxson was born 1671.]
Page: NPN
Database: CT 1635-1807 Misc. Records
https://www.ancestry.com/discoveryui-content/view/2321479:3537?ssrc...

Name: William Wilcoxson
Birth Place: EN
Birth Year: 1601 [This is the birth year for William Wilcoxson]
Spouse Name: Margaret Birdseye [From where Birdseye comes into this record as Margaret's pre-marriage surname, who knows.]
Marriage State: of MA
https://www.ancestry.com/discoveryui-content/view/1324447:7836?tid=...

Private User
Сегодня в 7:16 после полудня

Too much evidence to the contrary on Birdseye. I'm banking on chronicler or transcription error. A daughter married a Birdseye. That's the only link the family has to the surname.

Сегодня в 7:46 после полудня

17 Feb 2021 Update

In an email exchange with Jane Wilcox following her trip to England to research this family, she has confirmed that definitive documentation on Margaret's surname has not been found. However, she has built a very strong set of supporting evidence including that William and Margaret emigrated with Anne Harvie, who would have been Margaret's younger sister along with several other Harvie family members. Jane also details the many strong contacts between the Harvie/Harvey family and the Wilcockson family. A description of the research is in Jane's travel blog which is definitely worth reviewing.[4]

4. Wilcox, Jane, "The Grand Wilcockson Tour to Derbyshire Day 4: Kirk Ireton, Margaret Harvie, Ilkeston, Rev. Adam Blakeman and Heage" The Forget-me-not Ancestry < link >

Показаны все сообщения (3)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении