Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 20 posts
Private User
12/9/2010 at 7:20 AM

This profile is the Davy Crockett who died at the Alamo: Davy Crockett

This profile has different parents and siblings.

With all of these merges it got jacked up. It wasn't like that . I don't know how to fix it except getting a curator. I was just going to ask for help when I saw your message.

help me find the right John Crockett and we'll make it a MP. Thanks

12/9/2010 at 5:52 PM

Curator here. I don't know where Davy's parents went--there were there about 5 hours ago when I cleaned up his tree--and now they're gone. Let me see if I can find out where they went. Remind me of their names?

12/9/2010 at 8:43 PM

Well, I found the wives and children--they are in the tree view but I'm trying to find out why they are not showing up in profile view. Somehow the parents had been detached from Davy this afternoon, but I found them and reattached them--but they are also not showing up except in tree view. I did make all of them (parents and wives) master profiles, though.

Private User
12/10/2010 at 8:09 AM

Pam, thanks for your assistance.

12/10/2010 at 3:33 PM

Let's use the Project Discussion feature in the Crockett project to talk about these issues so that everyone following the project will receive the messages in their news feed. We have several people who are working on these profiles but they are not talking to each other and there is where the confusion comes from.

Thanks!

Pam

Private User
12/10/2010 at 4:23 PM

I use these sources when research David "Davy" Crockett (1786 Tennesee - 1836 Alamo):
- http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#start
- http://www.archives.gov/genealogy/
Other informations:
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Crockett
- Genealogy about Davy Crockett at internet

See also: Project "Crockett/Crocketagne/Croketagni" http://www.geni.com/projects/Crockett-Crocketagne-Crocketagni

12/10/2010 at 6:41 PM

Okay, I found out how to get the family members back visible on the profile page (Problem 1 solved). Problem 2 is to resolve the conflicting beliefs about who is who in his family. Calling Arnfred and Lori Wilke to participate in this discussion... Lori Lynn Wilke.

Arnfred, you say you have spent months researching Davy Crockett's genealogy. According to what you have found, who should be his parents, and who should be his wife (or wives)?

Private User
12/10/2010 at 9:14 PM

Pam, this picture: http://www.geni.com/photo/view/6000000008189476266?album_type=photo... under @6000000008189476266 seems to be good evidence as to David's mother.

Private User
12/11/2010 at 9:01 AM

- I send again an e-mail to Pam Wilson: What are your sources for David "Davy" Crockett (1786 Tennesee - 1836 Alamo) ? Please answer me in this discussion.

- To Pam Wilson: Who are the mother of David "Davy" Crockett (1786 Tennesee - 1826 Alamo) ? If you read the sources you will find it is Rebecca Sullivan Hopkins (1756-1834).

Private User
12/11/2010 at 9:08 AM

Hawkins (not Hopkins).

12/11/2010 at 9:34 AM

Arnfred, I am not a Crockett researcher. I am a curator that Jim Evans invited to help with the Crockett project and help designate master profiles. My role is to make sure that we have the most accurate master profiles in this line, and I defer to the collective wisdom of those of you who are Crockett researchers. But to be collective, it needs to be shared, which is why I'm suggesting that we have this open discussion and come to a mutual agreement rather than different people cutting off ancestors on their own.

From what I can tell, from the historical sources, this is what I put in the master profile:

David Stern "Davy" Crockett (August 17, 1786 – March 6, 1836)

son of John and Rebecca (Hawkins) Crockett

married (1) Mary (Polly) Finley in Jefferson County, Tennessee and had three children:

John Wesley Crockett
William Finley Crockett
Margaret Finley (Polly) Crockett

married (2) a widow named Elizabeth Patton in 1815 and had three children:

Robert Crockett
Rebecca Crockett
Matilda Crockett

Private User
12/11/2010 at 9:58 AM

To Pam Wilson: Thank you for your help with the Crockett tree.

Private User
12/11/2010 at 12:08 PM

I tested some Wikitext Formatting in the About Me on Davy Crockett.

Please give some feedback if this can be used as a guideline.

12/11/2010 at 4:29 PM

hi everyone, i am doing a " family tree" project for my social studies class and supposedly john crockett is one of my great uncles or somthing does that make davy my great cousin???? or is this just a family fib???

12/16/2010 at 7:38 PM

thanks for the help:)

4/5/2015 at 8:48 PM

I hope no one minds but I went ahead and post the video documentary on his Biography . I know we will get the kinks worked out on the profile .

8/17/2021 at 11:22 AM

Neither Wikipedia nor Find-a-Grave give a middle name for Davy Crockett. Where did the middle name Stern come into play? Thanks for any clarification.

Showing all 20 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion