Is any way to translate geni's invitations?

Started by Юрий Петрович Чернявский on Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 8 posts

My geni interface language is Russian but when I sending somebody invitations to geni they receive it in English. Often some of people who I invite do not know English.

Is any way to translate geni's invitations?

4/27/2011 at 3:46 AM

dobry dien,
check al the available emails at : www.geni.com/emails

4/27/2011 at 3:48 AM

one more thing - if you translate them - you will not be able to send in English unless you change your interface to English

Private User
4/27/2011 at 4:32 AM

A simple solution is to keep the English text as well if you translate those emails.

Hmm, can't find there the email for invitation via "Single Email Recipient" (from here http://www.geni.com/invite/choose_address_book) :-(

And another one question: after recipient accepting my invitation his Geni account by default on English not Russian. Is any way to change that for me and maybe for rest international users?

This is a problem, cause in most of cases they starting to create profiles not on native language (it is wrong from point of view of Geni's official recommendations) but on English, so I can't see their profiles in my "Profile Matches".

5/10/2011 at 6:59 AM

Юрий Петрович Чернявский
"And another one question: after recipient accepting my invitation his Geni account by default on English not Russian. Is any way to change that for me and maybe for rest international users?"

If he/she arrives to Geni pages via the link given in Your invitation (sent and arrived in Russian) then the pages will be (independently of his/her browser settings) in Russian.

If he/she (after reading your e-mail) will just enter into the browser www.geni.com then the Join/Login page will be according to his/her browser preferences - if Russian is highest preference - then in Russian.

Юрий Петрович Чернявский The chosen language of Geni has absolutely no relationship to alphabet used by user inputs.
I can write your name in as Юрий even if all Geni is in English, but I can also write Jurii or Jurij or Iurii or Yuriy or Iourii even if my Geni language is Russian.

I really understood your Geni "Profile Matches" problem - for Cyrillic names it shall at lest compare names between Cyrillic original and minimum 5 different latinization/romanization (Transliteration + Transcription) tables. Currently there is no such functionality included...
I think that similar problem exists for Arabic, Hebrew, Greek, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Indian etc languages.

5/11/2011 at 12:50 AM

@Lauri Kreen, C you are correct, it is a problem in Greek (and to an extent Romanian too]

5/11/2011 at 1:14 AM

In Hebrew (and probably other RTL languages) the problem is even bigger.
some sentences are cut in the middle due to language change where links or GENI logo are involved.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion