Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member
Showing all 12 posts
Private User
6/17/2011 at 5:18 PM

Does anyone know how to change an email address once a member has already been invited and has accepted and entered data. Her email address was compromised and I can't find a way to edit it now. Please help. Thanks

Private User
6/18/2011 at 1:06 AM

You can add and delete email addresses here, but of course only your own, not others:

https://www.geni.com/account_settings/email_password

If the invited person's profile still is open for edit because permanent password is not set or he/she have opened up for family to edit their profile you should have a "Add Email" option where you can enter the new address.
The person get a new invite message and you have to ask the person to enter the above link (which you find int the Account /Account Settings menu) and delete the wrong address. There should also be a verify link to test the email.

When entering that setting page you will also be asked to set a permanent password, so make sure that the person set a password he/she will remember because password recovery will not work until the wrong email address is deleted or removed as primary address.

Private User
6/18/2011 at 1:11 AM

Forgot to tell that you will the "Add Email" option in the Edit Basics part under edit profile on the invited person if permanent password is not set.
'
Do not enter the other persons email address into your own account because that will be handled as a request to merge the accounts.

Private User
10/22/2014 at 9:13 AM

Private User
I Invited a relative to join the big tree. He accepted.
He has an unconnected tree he would like to merge with the big tree.
However, he forgot his password and in the meantime his email account has also changed.
What would be the right procedure to recover his password (linked to his old account) or to merge his 2 accounts?

Thanks!

Private User
10/22/2014 at 10:59 AM

thanks Private User
in this case i'll think use the first of the 3 links you gave as i'm not sure if the other 2 would solve the problem

6/21/2016 at 5:06 AM

hi. my uncle forgot his email password and his geni's password. how I can invite or change his email?he has create a new email but i cant change his email.

Private User
9/26/2017 at 10:09 AM

Why is it taking so long to process my dna i transferred 5 weeks ago

Private User
9/27/2017 at 5:16 PM

This is not the right Thread for questions about DNA. Best place for those questions is the DNA Integration Superthread.

See these comments on that thread, then if question not answered, post questions there on that thread:
https://www.geni.com/discussions/157595?msg=1164668
https://www.geni.com/discussions/157595?msg=1170167

Private User
5/6/2018 at 3:04 AM

Eu gostaria de me escrever no Site da Geni.com mais fazer o pagamento por Wester União, Eu não uso cartão o serviço completo quanto fica para mim pagar em Euro? favor me responder para mister.bueno@hotmail.com

Private User
6/13/2021 at 5:32 AM

The old email of person not exists. When I adding current email address - geni writes That email address is already in use on Geni.
How can we solve the problem?

Private User
6/13/2021 at 6:14 AM

I think that is the same situation I have encountered.
A person with a Claimed profile - inadvertently or on purpose - created another account from their new email.
Their old profile says mail not reaching them, enter a current email -- but when I enter their current email, instead of merging the two it is instead rejected with the message That email address is already in use.

I would like to know the answer also.

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion