Ada of Maldwin of Lennox
|Also Known As:||"Ada de Faslane"|
Daughter of Mauldouen of Lennox, 3rd Earl of Lennox and Beatrix Stewart, of Monteith
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Ada of Maldwin of Lennox
About Ada of Maldwin of Lennox
She married Malcolm "Beg" DRUMMOND on 1244 in Drymen, Dunbartonshire, Scotland.
"Ada, dau. of the Earl of Lennox, and grand-dau. of the Steward of Scotland" (Burke's)
1. MALCOLM Beg (-after ). "…Malcolmo Beg…" witnessed the charter dated 3 Mar 1238 under which "Maldoney comes de Levenax" donated property to Paisley monastery. "…Malcolmo Beg, Johanne filio suo…" witnessed the undated charter under which "Maldouney comes de Levenax" granted property to "domino David de Grame". m ---.
The name of Malcolm’s wife is not known. Malcolm & his wife had [two] children:
- a) [MALCOLM de Drummond (-after 1301). "…Malcolmo de Drummond…" witnessed the charter dated 14 Feb 1273 under which "Malcolmus comes de Levenax" confirmed the lands of the church of Kilpatrick. m ---. The name of Malcolm’s wife is not known. Malcolm & his wife had [two] children.
- b) JOHN de Drummond (-after Oct 1304). "…Malcolmo Beg, Johanne filio suo…" witnessed the undated charter under which "Maldouney comes de Levenax" granted property to "domino David de Grame". m ELENA, daughter of --- (-after 11 Oct 1304). Land in restored Northumberland was restored to "John de Drummond and Elena his wife’s dower there" by charter dated 11 Oct 1304. John & his wife had two children.
- The Genealogy of the Most Noble and Ancient House of Drummond (Google eBook) William Drummond Strathallan (1st viscount), William Drummond Priv. print., 1889. Page 260. Daughter of Maldwin, 3rd Earl of Lennox. Married Malcom "beg" Drummond. 2 sons: Malcolm, Reginald
- Genealogical and Heraldic Dictionary of the Peerage and Baronetage of the British Empire (Google eBook) Bernard Burke. Harrison, 1865 - Nobility - 1323 pages. Page 877 "Perth and Melfort."
Ada of Maldwin of Lennox's Timeline
Drymen, Stirlingshire, Scotland