About Alan Vincent Franklin
- Name: Mr Alan Vincent Franklin
- Born in Warwick Warwickshire England
- Age: 29 years
- Marital Status: Married.
- Last Residence: at Ergemont, Newton Road, Bitterne Park Southampton Hampshire England
- Occupation: Saloon Steward Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Southampton
- Died in the sinking. Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 262)
- Buried: Fairview Lawn Cemetery Halifax Nova Scotia Canada
© Bob Knuckle, Canada
Mr Alan Vincent Franklin, 29, of Egremont, Newton Rd., Southampton, died in the sinking.
His body, was recovered by the Mackay-Bennett (#262) and was buried at Fairview Lawn Cemetery, Halifax, Nova Scotia. His grave remained unmarked for many years.
NO. 262. - MALE. - ESTIMATED AGE, 30. - HAIR, LIGHT.
CLOTHING - Steward's coat, vest & pants; green overcoat; "A. Franklin" on shirt.
EFFECTS - Corkscrew; metal belt; keys; nickel watch and chain; knife; rubber; Purse.
SECOND CLASS STEWARD No. 9.
References and Sources White Star Line (1912.) Record of Bodies and Effects (Passengers and Crew S.S. "Titanic") Recovered by Cable Steamer "MacKay Bennett" List of Bodies Unidentified and Disposition of Same (#262)
Related Articles and Documents
(1913) MANSION HOUSE TITANIC RELIEF FUND BOOKLET (1915) MINUTES OF TITANIC RELIEF FUND