Anne Conyers (Dacre)
|Birthplace:||Gilsland, Cumberland, England|
|Death:||Died in Skelton, Yorkshire, England|
Daughter of Thomas Dacre, 2nd Baron Dacre of Gillesland and Elizabeth de Graystoke, Baroness Greystoke
|Managed by:||Private User|
Historical records matching Anne Conyers
About Anne Conyers
- Anne Dacre1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
- F, #61479
- Father Sir Thomas Dacre, 3rd Lord Dacre of the North, Lt. of the West Marches2,10,4,5,11,7,8,12 b. 25 Nov 1467, d. 24 Oct 1525
- Mother Elizabeth Greystoke1,2,10,5,11,8,12 b. 10 Jul 1471, d. 14 Aug 1516
- Anne Dacre married Sir Christopher Conyers, 2nd Lord Conyers, son of Sir William Conyers, 1st Lord Conyers, Constable of Richmond & Middleton Castles, Bailiff of the Liberty of Richmond and Anne Neville, on 28 September 1515 at Kirkoswald, Cumberland, England; They had 2 sons (John, 3rd Lord Conyers; & Leonard) & 2 daughters (Elizabeth, wife of George Place; & Jane, wife of Sir Marmaduke Constable).1,2,10,4,6,7,8,9 Anne Dacre left a will on 16 December 1547 at of Hornby Castle, Hornby, Yorkshire, England; Buried at Skelton, Yorkshire.2,5,8 Her estate was probated on 21 April 1548.2,5,8
- Family Sir Christopher Conyers, 2nd Lord Conyers d. 14 Jun 1538
- John Conyers, 3rd Lord Conyers+1 b. c 1524, d. Jun 1557
- Jane Conyers+13,2,4,5,7,8 b. c 1530, d. 4 Dec 1558
- 1.[S11568] The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, by George Edward Cokayne, Vol. III, p. 405.
- 2.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 228.
- 3.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 252.
- 4.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 530.
- 5.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 532.
- 6.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 19.
- 7.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 287.
- 8.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 290.
- 9.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 375.
- 10.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 251.
- 11.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 18.
- 12.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 374.
- 13.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 226.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p2046.htm#i61479
- Anne DACRE (B. Conyers of Hornby)
- Born: ABT 1500, Gillesland
- Died: BEF 21 Apr 1548, Skelton, Yorkshire, England
- Father: Thomas DACRE (2º B. Gillesland/ 1º B. Greystoke)
- Mother: Elizabeth GREYSTOKE (B. Greystoke of Greystoke)
- Married: Christopher CONYERS (2º B. Conyers of Hornby) 28 Sep 1515, Kirkowswald
- 1. Jane CONYERS
- 2. John CONYERS (3° B. Conyers of Hornby)
- 3. Leonard CONYERS
- 4. Elizabeth CONYERS
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/DACRE.htm#Anne DACRE (B. Conyers of Hornby)
- Anne Dacre1
- F, #29251
- Last Edited=10 Nov 2013
- Consanguinity Index=0.69%
- Anne Dacre was the daughter of Sir Thomas Dacre, 2nd Lord Dacre (of Gilsland) and Elizabeth Greystoke, Baroness Greystoke.1,2 She married Christopher Conyers, 2nd Lord Conyers, son of William Conyers, 1st Lord Conyers and Lady Anne Neville, on 28 September 1514.1
- Her married name became Conyers.
- Children of Anne Dacre and Christopher Conyers, 2nd Lord Conyers
- 1.Sir John Conyers, 3rd Lord Conyers+1 d. 30 Jun 1557
- 2.Jane Conyers+3 b. 1522, d. 1558
- 1.[S37] Volume 1, page 1028. See link for full details for this source. Hereinafter cited as. [S37]
- 2.[S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume III, page 405. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- 3.[S3268] Hans Harmsen, "re: Chester Family," e-mail message to Darryl Roger Lundy, 21 August 2008. Hereinafter cited as "re: Chester Family."
- From: http://thepeerage.com/p2926.htm#i29251
- Christopher Conyers, 2nd Baron Conyers (c. 1491 – 14 June 1538) was an English baron and aristocrat, the son of William Conyers, 1st Baron Conyers.
- Christopher was born around 1491, at Hornby Castle, in Yorkshire, England. He was the son of William Conyers, 1st Baron Conyers and Lady Anne Neville (born around 1476). Lady Anne Neville was the only daughter of Ralph Neville, 3rd Earl of Westmorland. After William had died, she married Anthony Saltmarsh around April 1525.
- Conyers married Anne Dacre, daughter of Thomas Dacre, 2nd Baron Dacre of Gilsland, on 28 September 1514. Their eldest son and heir was John Conyers; later The Hon. John Conyers. ....
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Conyers,_2nd_Baron_Conyers
- Thomas Dacre, 2nd Baron Dacre of Gilsland, KG (25 November 1467 – 24 October 1525) was the son of Humphrey Dacre, 1st Baron Dacre of Gilsland and Mabel Parr; great-aunt of queen consort Catherine Parr, ....
- Circa 1488, Dacre eloped with Elizabeth Greystoke, 6th Baroness Greystoke (10 Jul 1471-14 Aug 1516), daughter of Sir Robert de Greystoke by Lady Elizabeth Grey, daughter ....
- Thomas and Elizabeth had eight children:
- Mabel Dacre (c. 1490–1533), married Henry Scrope, 7th Baron Scrope of Bolton. They were parents of John Scrope, 8th Baron Scrope of Bolton and grandparents of Henry Scrope, 9th Baron Scrope of Bolton. The 9th Baron is better known because he was governor of Carlisle in the time of Elizabeth I of England, and as such took charge of Mary, Queen of Scots, when she crossed the border in 1568. He took her to Bolton Castle, where she remained till January 1569.
- William Dacre, 3rd Baron Dacre (c. 1493 - 18 November 1563), married Lady Elizabeth Talbot, a daughter of George Talbot, 4th Earl of Shrewsbury and Lady Anne Hastings, by whom he had issue.
- Anne Dacre (c. 1500–between 16 Dec 1547 and 21 Apr 1548), married Christopher Conyers, 2nd Baron Conyers. They were the parents of John Conyers, 3rd Baron Conyers.
- Mary Dacre (c.1502 - 29 March 1538), married her sister-in-law's brother, Francis Talbot, 5th Earl of Shrewsbury, a son of the before mentioned George Talbot, 4th Earl of Shrewsbury and Lady Anne Hastings. They were parents of George Talbot, 6th Earl of Shrewsbury.
- Jane Dacre, wife of Lord Tailboys.
- Hon. Humphrey Dacre.
- Philippa Dacre.
- Jane Dacre, second of the name.
- His illegitimate son Thomas Dacre, nicknamed "the Bastard", successfully ....
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Dacre,_2nd_Baron_Dacre
Anne Conyers's Timeline
Gilsland, Cumberland, England
Probably Hornby, Yorkshire, England
Abt. 1529 Hornby, Yorkshire, England
December 16, 1547
April 21, 1548
Skelton, Yorkshire, England
October 11, 1951
October 11, 1951