About Bridget Thompson
- Her brother was Sir Francis Fleming, Master of Ordnance to Edw. Vl (Burke's).
- Malcolm, 3rd Lord Fleming (d. 1547), is discussed in *Scots Peerage*, ed.Paul, vol. VIII , pp. 537-542. No daughter named Bridget, no daughter who married a Thom(p)son. (William Addams Reitwiesner)
- not to be confused with (apparently fictional) Bridget Fleming
- Descendants of Malcolm FLEMING, Earl of Wigton
- Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry, Volume 2 By John Burke Page 1389
- The Thom(p)son Conundrum
The Bridget Fleming who married Richard Thompson was daughter of John, sister of Francis, and not Scottish.
Citizen of Ancestralia.
Sir Malcolm Fleming is supposed to have had 6 daughters, no Bridget.
I believe this Bridget appeared in a faked-up published pedigree for an American Thomson family. The Richard Thompson who married the real Bridget Fleming was then confused with a different Richard, to move the Fleming connection to a different line of Thompsons, and so on.